LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the usual tactic of spray a test panel and see. But for a rough idea when you see a car HEAVILY pearled how much are they putting on the car? I believe on a darker color pearl shows up more prodominant and that might be my problem. I'm putting HOK green pearl over white and and want to know if I can actually get it to almost look green with just pearl. Is it about more coats of pearl or is it just load up the intercoat as much as possible? Can I get that affect in 3-4 coats of intercoat?

I did the bottoms of the hood and trunk and you can see the pearl close up and it looks really nice but it doesn't grab your eye from a few feet back or anything. :(

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
pearl is nice but can also yellow your white and make it look like shit, start off with what ever base you'll use and pretty much eyeball it,
the good thing about using intercoat is that you can mix a batch and save it in a can without it drying.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got done spraying. Fuck a test panel. lol I know thats why you should do it but I like to live dangerously. Actually I checked the spec on how much pearl you can add to intercoat and its 200 grams per gallon max. So that comes out to about 1 2 oz jar per quart. I loaded it up...and BAM. I could even see the pearl a lot before any clear was laid over the top. White still looks good in color....but the green pops like crazy. Be interesting to see it in the sun. :)

G

·
Originally posted by big pimpin@Dec 20 2008, 06:26 AM~12482089
Just got done spraying.  Fuck a test panel. lol  I know thats why you should do it but I like to live dangerously.  Actually I checked the spec on how much pearl you can add to intercoat and its 200 grams per gallon max.  So that comes out to about 1 2 oz jar per quart.  I loaded it up...and BAM.  I could even see the pearl a lot before any clear was laid over the top.  White still looks good in color....but the green pops like crazy.  Be interesting to see it in the sun.  :)

LETS SEE SUM PICS PIMPIN :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Dec 20 2008, 04:26 AM~12482089
Just got done spraying.  Fuck a test panel. lol  I know thats why you should do it but I like to live dangerously.  Actually I checked the spec on how much pearl you can add to intercoat and its 200 grams per gallon max.  So that comes out to about 1 2 oz jar per quart.  I loaded it up...and BAM.  I could even see the pearl a lot before any clear was laid over the top.  White still looks good in color....but the green pops like crazy.  Be interesting to see it in the sun.  :)
post some pics when done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
PIX OR BAN!!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 22 2008, 11:43 AM~12497150
pics or we'll go nuts
to late :( :biggrin:

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I'll get pics tonight! :biggrin:

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
House of Kolor. ;)

I saw this Escalade last night that had a repaint with so much gold pearl that the thing really looked straight gold with a street light shining on it. It was intense....looked really good.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Dec 22 2008, 09:41 AM~12497532
House of Kolor.  ;) 

I saw this Escalade last night that had a repaint with so much gold pearl that the thing really looked straight gold with a street light shining on it.  It was intense....looked really good.
i hope yours pops, but i find whenever puuting pearl over white it looks crazy under lights, inside shops, or in a gas station under the lights, but just out in natural sun light it was depressing to say the least. :uh: its like you only get the best effects with artificial lighting, so at an indoor car show it would look its best!

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Dec 22 2008, 03:16 PM~12497360
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  I'll get pics tonight!  :biggrin:
waiting for pics cause i thought you did these color on a lincoln some years ago .. but new topic ..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts