LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's pictures from a show I was at. This guy could flip the truck on its side with ONE hit. He could hop all 4 at least 3 feet. I didn't get the best pictures...but got some great video. I was so impressed to see the advancements in air...but it's still not nearly as cool as juice :)

Last edited by 4pumpedCL at Dec 15 2003, 11:58 AM

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
ta there was a truch at a show up here in the summer that hit about 50" in one hit but 1 hit is all you get then the tank is empty :uh:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Dec 15 2003, 12:20 PM
exactly, how many airtanks does he have? he's a freaking time bomb waiting to explode...
he should put all that air to good use.. like shooting potatoes or punpkin chunkin or somethin..

·
Registered
970 Posts
i have no hands on when it comes to air but ive been debating on air or drolics in my s10it seems air is much cleaner in the event of a leak... but whats the price comparison to get equal inches out of them i bet drolics is the best BANG for the buck :angry: f off air ride :angry: :) hello hydroes ;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Dec 15 2003, 01:20 PM
exactly, how many airtanks does he have? he's a freaking time bomb waiting to explode...
how do you figure? hyrdos have WAY more psi than air...the air tanks used on that truck are more than likly the nitrogen kind...so its safe.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
the thing about air is there is nothing stoping it that is the reson you only see these trucks a few times,
once they are in the air and they come down they go to there lowest point it is way worse on the car than juice ,bags are only for a simple up and down and that is all any one whould should want them for you want to hop and have performance go with hydraulics i can have a 2 pump 4 batt set up out perfourm a bag setup and it ride just as nice and look alot better :0 :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 15 2003, 04:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 15 2003, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Dec 15 2003, 01:20 PM
how do you figure? hyrdos have WAY more psi than air...the air tanks used on that truck are more than likly the nitrogen kind...so its safe.[/b][/quote]
How do hydros have psi? I thought you couldn't compress fluid?

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by hydryan+Dec 15 2003, 07:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hydryan @ Dec 15 2003, 07:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 04:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA
@Dec 15 2003, 01:20 PM

how do you figure? hyrdos have WAY more psi than air...the air tanks used on that truck are more than likly the nitrogen kind...so its safe.
How do hydros have psi? I thought you couldn't compress fluid?[/b][/quote]
:uh:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Dec 15 2003, 04:54 PM
the thing about air is there is nothing stoping it that is the reson you only see these trucks a few times,
once they are in the air and they come down they go to there lowest point it is way worse on the car than juice ,bags are only for a simple up and down and that is all any one whould should want them for you want to hop and have performance go with hydraulics i can have a 2 pump 4 batt set up out perfourm a bag setup and it ride just as nice and look alot better :0 :biggrin:
blahblahblah

:biggrin: :biggrin:

I disagree on all points..

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Dec 15 2003, 02:20 PM
14 batteries in your trunk is safer exactly how?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Dec 15 2003, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Dec 15 2003, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Dec 15 2003, 02:20 PM
14 batteries in your trunk is safer exactly how?[/b][/quote]
i'm not here to argue... Anyway... 14 batteries is dangerous... it can catch on fire, I've never had a battery explode on me... However, an Drop an air tank... if it cracks, the fucker will fly out so fast and start whipping it can kill not one but more people... Hydraulics, never... If you don't believe me, drop a tank and see what happens.

p.s. i'm not talking about small tanks... i'm talking about the big size tanks. Some people have like 6 of those suckers on their mini trucks... now you know that is more dangerous than 14 batteries...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA+Dec 15 2003, 07:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nacho Individuals LA @ Dec 15 2003, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 05:05 PM
@Dec 15 2003, 02:20 PM

i'm not here to argue... Anyway... 14 batteries is dangerous... it can catch on fire, I've never had a battery explode on me... However, an Drop an air tank... if it cracks, the fucker will fly out so fast and start whipping it can kill not one but more people... Hydraulics, never... If you don't believe me, drop a tank and see what happens.

p.s. i'm not talking about small tanks... i'm talking about the big size tanks. Some people have like 6 of those suckers on their mini trucks... now you know that is more dangerous than 14 batteries...[/b][/quote]
Nacho has a point there give it up for nacho :biggrin:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA+Dec 15 2003, 07:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nacho Individuals LA @ Dec 15 2003, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 05:05 PM
@Dec 15 2003, 02:20 PM

p.s. i'm not talking about small tanks... i'm talking about the big size tanks. Some people have like 6 of those suckers on their mini trucks... now you know that is more dangerous than 14 batteries...[/b][/quote]
I've seen the aftermath of a battery explosion, I wouldn't say it was safe, but it is safer than a nitrogen tank explosion. I still wouldn't want to be anywhere near either one unless you want one hell of a mess! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 15 2003, 03:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 15 2003, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Dec 15 2003, 01:20 PM
how do you figure? hyrdos have WAY more psi than air...the air tanks used on that truck are more than likly the nitrogen kind...so its safe.[/b][/quote]
I can't ever remember hearing that Nitrogen & safe go together in a sentence. And if there is Nitro in the set-up, that further supports Nacho's statement.....

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Dec 15 2003, 02:07 PM
i have no hands on when it comes to air but ive been debating on air or drolics in my s10it seems air is much cleaner in the event of a leak
This gets the award for the stupidest shit I've heard in a while....

Are you listening to yourself when you talk????
If you had a leak, wouldn't you at least want to be able to see where its coming from????
Instead, you have to look like a damn fool running around the vehicle w/ your hear stuck out listen for a whisle..... :twak:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Originally posted by dreday+Dec 15 2003, 09:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Dec 15 2003, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--kaptonkrewl2003@Dec 15 2003, 02:07 PM
i have no hands on when it comes to air but ive been debating on air or drolics in my s10it seems air is much cleaner in the event of a leak
This gets the award for the stupidest shit I've heard in a while....

Are you listening to yourself when you talk????
If you had a leak, wouldn't you at least want to be able to see where its coming from????
Instead, you have to look like a damn fool running around the vehicle w/ your hear stuck out listen for a whisle..... :twak:[/b][/quote]
another good point why its better to be juiced:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts