LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 85 monte with a v6. the exhaust is stock. I want convert it to true dual exhaust. can anybody tell me what i would need to do and where to find a performance dual exhaust for it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by perico@Sep 1 2003, 06:47 PM
i have an 85 monte with a v6. the exhaust is stock. I want convert it to true dual exhaust. can anybody tell me what i would need to do and where to find a performance dual exhaust for it?
does anybody fucken know??

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
i dont know if anybody makes a bolt on kit. i would get some 3/4 length headers, you can get headmens for less than $100, then have a exhaust shop custom bend some pipes and put in what ever mufflers or glasspacks you want. around here it usally cost about $300 for them to bend the pipes and put it all together, and most muffler shops will not install headers(do it youeself then take it in).

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
WELL, i got mine done for free. an old club member ran the shop

but yes most people around here pay up th $300

Last edited by dough916 at Sep 3 2003, 07:46 AM

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i got a 85 monte with the 262 v6,went to autozone the other day and got the $16 cherry bombs,best 16 dollars spent,you can buy a true dual kit from jc whitney,but to be honest its not worth the time and money,alot of people with g-bodys put camaro muffler kits on em

1 - 7 of 7 Posts