LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of running 2 pesco 777's in one of my rides. My question is... how are they maintenance wise? Do they break alot and require new parts often or are they pretty reliable if not abused? Do they wear out batteries fast? Anything else I should know before I jump into it head first?

Thanks
~Bret Rider

G

·
i doubt you will ever wear one out.

you dont even need deep cycle batteries, regular car batteries will work.

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by B_A_RIDER@Sep 1 2005, 11:12 PM~3736910
I'm thinking of running 2 pesco 777's in one of my rides. My question is... how are they maintenance wise? Do they break alot and require new parts often or are they pretty reliable if not abused? Do they wear out batteries fast? Anything else I should know before I jump into it head first?

Thanks
~Bret Rider
are you buying used, reconditioned, or NOS pumps..?

The only real downside to the 777's is the paper gasket but I havn't seen any that were in bad condition, and don't crank the fittings into the cast ports... they'll crack...

The are reliable.. it was used in aircraft so it has to meet strict requirements. If you need anything LMK.. if you got used ones I can rebuild them for you.. :cool:

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Sep 1 2005, 11:15 PM~3736934
i doubt you will ever wear one out.
you dont even need deep cycle batteries, regular car batteries will work.
Hey J, I like your signature.. LoL

G

·
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 1 2005, 11:30 PM~3737030
Hey J, I like your signature.. LoL

Thanks, I know its a little straight foward. But I dont care to see non-lowriders on a lowrider website.

They should all be banned.

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Sep 2 2005, 09:14 AM~3738649
Thanks, I know its a little straight foward. But I dont care to see non-lowriders on a lowrider website.
They should all be banned.
LoL ;) I see where you're coming from.. I agree.

G

·
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 2 2005, 09:55 AM~3738775
LoL  ;) I see where you're coming from.. I agree.

Man, I got the coolest Pesco motor today. Out of the 20 or so I have now, this one is the baddest I have seen. I'll send you pics of it. Its the smallest I have seen, it will work with a 777 pump head. Its 3hp. I'll post some pics tomorrow, now that I have a part # Im gonna search for some of these. When you see how its built you will see why Im so happy about it. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Sep 2 2005, 08:44 PM~3742402
Man, I got the coolest Pesco motor today. Out of the 20 or so I have now, this one is the baddest I have seen. I'll send you pics of it. Its the smallest I have seen, it will work with a 777 pump head. Its 3hp. I'll post some pics tomorrow, now that I have a part # Im gonna search for some of these. When you see how its built you will see why Im so happy about it.  :biggrin:
I can't wait to see the pics of it.. I may be able to track some down for you J.. let me know if you need help, that's if your comfortable with that of course.. :cool:

You def have a awesome collection. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Sep 2 2005, 10:00 PM~3742790
the 777 pump will need a spacer, the shaft engages deep into the pump head, but it wont go all the way together.

wow that really sits up there with those built in mounts.. thanks for sharing the pics.

G

·
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 2 2005, 10:07 PM~3742822
wow that really sits up there with those built in mounts.. thanks for sharing the pics.

as you know the 777 is a small ass pump head, but damn, that motor is about the same length.

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
that looks like a bench grinder motor

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:( Thanks for the replies guys but the 777's I was getting a deal on are now gone

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by B_A_RIDER@Sep 4 2005, 02:44 AM~3748508
:( Thanks for the replies guys but the 777's I was getting a deal on are now gone
How much of a deal? Sorry to hear that...If you come across any other aircraft pumps I'd go with pesco 280's... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts