LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic is for what you HATE to see on a MODERN DAY LO LO. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion and this what I hate to see on a model car/1:1. This EXCLUDES Old School Bombs and Rat Rods etc. I'm talkin' G-bodies, box chev's and Euro clip rides like Caddys 'n shit...

1. FAT WHITES. Fat whites on a Bomb or Pimp mobile is cool but on a showcar or anything for that matter, the skinnier the white wall, the prettier the rim... ;)
2. 3 WING KNOCKOFFS. This applies ONLY to 1:1's... 3. BACKWARDS KNOCKOFFS. C'mon guys, FOR ANYONE THAT DOESN'T KNOW, THE KNOCKOFFS GO A SPECIFIC DIRECTION DEPENDING ON WHAT SIDE IT'S GOIN' ON... 4. ETCHED/ENGRAVED GLASS. Thats cool for a radical with the doors split 17 different ways but I don't get down like that... 5. MULTIPLE SWITCH SWITCHBOX. Just like my 1:1, 4 switches, front, back and rear corners... :cool: :cool: :cool: 6. SWITCHBOX ON THE SEAT. Again, only applies to the 1:1. Mount your shit on the dash homie so you can swang AND drive at the same time! And whats with the 27 switch box!?! I can see if it's a dancer but DAM!?! 7. 4 DOOR RAGS?!? :uh: WTF? 8. CANDIED TRADITIONALS. I've seen alot of candied Implalas in my day but nothing throws off the nostalgic feel of an Impala than a candied paintjob...
Again, this is just my opinion... Theres more, just can't think of 'em... :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
#3 IN MY WORLD IS A NO CHOICE I GOT A FEW SETS THAT HAD ALL 4 KNOCKOFFS GOING IN THE SAME DIRECTION..SUCKS ASS CAUSE I DON'T LIKE 3 WINGS AT ALL

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by BODINE@Feb 6 2010, 08:22 PM~16535739
i drank to much ......... words runing together
ill let u know tomorrow    :happysad:
I'M IN THE SAME BOAT!!! FUCKIN' CORONA'S!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
4door rags
house siding on anything other than a euro lac
conti kits on Gbodies,Boxes,towncars,roadmasters and bubble caprices
5.20s on anything newer than a 79

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by MARINATE@Feb 6 2010, 08:15 PM~16535653
#3 IN MY WORLD IS A NO CHOICE I GOT A FEW SETS THAT HAD ALL 4 KNOCKOFFS GOING IN THE SAME DIRECTION..SUCKS ASS CAUSE I DON'T LIKE 3 WINGS AT ALL
I feel ya' bigg main! I think we got the same shit!!! :scrutinize: :scrutinize: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Esoteric@Feb 6 2010, 08:27 PM~16535786
4door rags
house siding on anything other than a euro lac
conti kits on Gbodies,Boxes,towncars,roadmasters and bubble caprices 
5.20s on anything newer than a 79
;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, 9. PAINTED UNDERCARRAIGE. I feel you if you can't afford chrome undies but if you put forth the effort into color matching the undercarraige, JUST PAINT THE FUCKER BLACK.... :uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
Originally posted by jimbo@Feb 6 2010, 10:35 PM~16535869
Oh yeah, 9. PAINTED UNDERCARRAIGE. I feel you if you can't afford chrome undies but if you put forth the effort into color matching the undercarraige, JUST PAINT THE FUCKER BLACK.... :uh:  :uh:  :uh:
:biggrin: ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by MARINATE@Feb 6 2010, 08:43 PM~16535942
:biggrin:  ;)  ;)  ;)
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Banned
8,366 Posts
Continental Kits on G-Bodies are retarded.Crushed velour is played out.Looking at a feature/showcar that has all the bases covered that are expensive but they cheap out on simple stuff(radio not installed right,gaps on doors off,$10,000 paint job with old ass pitted chrome/stainless).

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by just_a-doodz@Feb 6 2010, 08:55 PM~16536055
Continental Kits on G-Bodies are retarded.Crushed velour is played out.Looking at a feature/showcar that has all the bases covered that are expensive but they cheap out on simple stuff(radio not installed right,gaps on doors off,$10,000 paint job with old ass pitted chrome/stainless).
:0 :0 :0 THATS REAL... :0 :0

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just for the record, livin' in cali I've gotten used to see'in bumper kits on G-body's and towncars 'n shit, you ever see a b-kit on a 2 door box chev? SICK... :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
r.i.p sis we love you
9,811 Posts
man you guys mostly nailed all mine on the head i cant fucking stand fat whites it takes away from the look of the rim all you see is a shit load of white if they maintain them lol :barf: :banghead:

chopped tops need i say more :uh: :mad:

bumper kits on anything that is not a caddy or 58 threw 61 impala or original to bombs

sliding rag tops :uh:

shaved door handles :angry:

and attention to detail like cleaning up your wheel wells or mufflers or whatever of over spray come on people easy shit to do ;)

white painted wheel wells or undercaridge :uh: :uh:

circus vargas pinstriping shit looks like a roller coaster too much of a good thing is not a good thing :(

murals on the hood :uh:

lol i better stop i can go for days :mad: :uh:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ROLLIN', thats what I'm TALKIN" bout! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
r.i.p sis we love you
9,811 Posts
Originally posted by jimbo@Feb 7 2010, 12:24 AM~16536924
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: ROLLIN', thats what I'm TALKIN" bout! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

:roflmao: see what you did homie i started to get frustrated just typing that shit

but i do think 3 ear straight k/o look pimp on old schools when everyone rides the same shit it gets played fast :happysad:

lol im still thinking about pet peeves :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by rollinoldskoo@Feb 6 2010, 10:25 PM~16536930
i like this topic and agree with most all of it... i think conti kits look good on regals though because they got the chrome bumpers
:0 :0 :0 Yes indeed! But thats only if they got the right bumper kit! ;) Good ta see ya RO.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
MY MAIN THING IS DONKS. IT CAN BE DONE RIGHT BUT MOST LOOK DUMB AS HELL TO ME.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by rollindeep408@Feb 6 2010, 10:30 PM~16536989
:roflmao: see what you did homie i started to get frustrated just typing that shit

but i do think 3 ear straight k/o look pimp on old schools when everyone rides the same shit it gets played fast  :happysad:

lol im still thinking about pet peeves  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts