LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, for anyone who is debating getting the repo skirts, they are well worth it. They are super nice quality, and are much much easier to work with than the steel. I wouldnt buy another set of steel after these, they fit 100x better. I contoured the front to fully follow the body to the bottom, very very difficult to do with steel ones(requires alot of metal fabrication).

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 7 2005, 10:01 AM~3556041
also, for anyone who is debating getting the repo skirts, they are well worth it.  They are super nice quality, and are much much easier to work with than the steel.  I wouldnt buy another set of steel after these, they fit 100x better.  I contoured the front  to fully follow the body to the bottom, very very difficult to do with steel ones(requires alot of metal fabrication).

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM NO where are you scuff guards? where is the chrome trim? NOTHING beats metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They look good on your car just find a set of trim for em :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM NO where are you scuff guards? where is the chrome trim?
they are sitting here also, I just havent drilled the holes. I have a set of real ones here, I dont like them as much personally. The og scuff guards and trim fit perfectly.

( I dont like the gap the steel ones have at the bottom, you basically have to run the lower rocker chrome)

again.....I think this is plenty good enough for a driver. The closest thing to a lowrider around here is a civic or a s-10.

so I will say it again......I have both steel og, and repos. I dont like the steel ones for a 59 as much. A 58 may be a different story.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 7 2005, 12:55 PM~3556322
they are sitting here also, I just havent drilled the holes.  I have a set of real ones here, I dont like them as much personally.  The og scuff guards and trim fit perfectly.

( I dont like the gap the steel ones have at the bottom, you basically have to run the lower rocker chrome)

again.....I think this is plenty good enough for a driver.  The closest thing to a lowrider around here is a civic or a s-10.

so I will say it again......I have both steel og, and repos.  I dont like the steel ones for a 59 as much.  A 58 may be a different story.
SO SELL ME YOUR METAL ONES... ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 7 2005, 02:55 PM~3556322
they are sitting here also, I just havent drilled the holes.  I have a set of real ones here, I dont like them as much personally.  The og scuff guards and trim fit perfectly.

again.....I think this is plenty good enough for a driver.  The closest thing to a lowrider around here is a civic or a s-10.

so I will say it again......I have both steel og, and repos.  I dont like the steel ones for a 59 as much.  A 58 may be a different story.
want to part with the steelies? or fuck, tell me where to find the glass ones?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks.

Yep Dan, Big Jim's.

The steel ones are still up in the air, already painted to match the other car.

I have to make a special mount for the front, nothing major...but the tire will hit it when fully lifted. I have a feeling it will hit on 3 wheel as well.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
bigjims.net is the website for anyone looking for fiberglass ones. ask em about the chrome trim that goes on them i dont think they sell em. I think anyone who has a 58-60 needs cruisers if its not in your budget these are the way to go hell i know if i had a 58 id probably put fiberglass ones last set i saw on ebay sold for close to 3500.00

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they have chrome for them, but its just generic stick on chrome. It looks good, but you can put the real chrome on em also.

the main reason I went with them was time. I was trying to meet a deadline, and didnt want to hunt a real set down.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
yeah i hear u they look good on your car and like i said if i had a 58 id probably go the same route and just try and find a set of chrome trim or have it made by G&E Antiques. once there on you really cant tell the difference unless u REALLY know your shit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts