LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to spend some time and really get elaborate with my hydraulic install. So far I cut out either side of my spare tire well, plated them in and mounted 4 pumps with whammy tanks. I used Stainless Steel .049 hardline and hand bent them to some bulkhead fittings in the floor. From there all the lines will run under the car and everything else will be hidden under the back bumper. Here's what I have so far...only about 30 hours into it:

And here's the car they're in for those who haven't seen it:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
ohhh i like i like :cheesy:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Vry nice, bulkheads through the trunk floor are the ONLY way to go. I always use bulkheads through the floor. What's an extra few dollars apiece ;) Floating the dumps by hardline always makes an added statement. .049 will easily hold them in place with VERY little movement as long as you use accums, you can float accums as well with no problem

Added note, for a cleaner look I would turn the motors around so the terminal post aren't showing ;)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nice! i always had a deep appriciation for those whammy's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
wud up arron its me da juicedkid

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by 4pumpedCL+Dec 13 2003, 08:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4pumpedCL @ Dec 13 2003, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lone star@Dec 13 2003, 05:55 PM
very nice. looks real sleek..........how did u flare that stainless .049??

I bought a flaring tool from a place called Grainger. It's made by Ridgid and designed for very dense metals.[/b][/quote]
i have a rigid flarer, but the guys at a Parker store let me use thier air-drive flarer,,,hell of a lot easy and makes 100% perfect flares ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts