12,115 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider2NV@Sep 12 2005, 06:55 AM~3797170
looks better then it did :biggrin:

if i ever get a another bike its gonna b kinda like that silvery colour
silver is before :ugh:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
I might change out that sproket too, but overall I think it looks a million times better than before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by highridah@Sep 11 2005, 03:08 PM~3793936
my brothers actually. just changed the color and wheels. the hub caps are painted dupli color orange looks like gold works better sprayed over actual chrome.
Before
After
The silvery one is before ya'll! see the reference to spray painting the hubcaps??? Dude took the 144 white walls off and added tacky gold hupcaps. Changed the dope color to some maroon, and basically ruined the bike.

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 12 2005, 10:03 AM~3797933
The silvery one is before ya'll! see the reference to spray painting the hubcaps??? Dude took the 144 white walls off and added tacky gold hupcaps. Changed the dope color to some maroon, and basically ruined the bike.

so he typed this with no reference to the pics ?

''Before
After''

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thats just two words and even with simplified html on the site its easy for them to get switched around. why don't highridah respond. He wouldn't have explained to us the rims and how to paint them if it was the before. Not to mention this new bike looks like the slammed one he is so proud of lately.

·
Banned
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 12 2005, 12:45 PM~3798879
Thats just two words and even with simplified html on the site its easy for them to get switched around. why don't highridah respond. He wouldn't have explained to us the rims and how to paint them if it was the before. Not to mention this new bike looks like the slammed one he is so proud of lately.
yes the blue version is way after and the hubcaps looked better chrome we just wanted to see what they would look like gold. i explained how to mount hubcaps on spokes a long ass time ago and dont have any of those pics on how to expaing it any more.

a simpler method without pics

get the flattest hub caps why because you have to clear the sproket and brake arms, with a hack saw make the back of the hub cap as smooth as possible, if youre tool saavy you should know what a hole saw is get a 1-1/2 for the front and 2 for the rear. the rear is more complicated if its a coaster which is the reason why "Sho gos" never made a coaster brake hubcap kit. youll have to remove the brake arm and sproket can yes it can be done without rebuilding the whole damm thing, this is where the flat hubcap deal comes into play you might have to trim the face of the cap on both the brake arm and sproket side unless you like noise i drilled mine towards the bottom and zip tied them on i also notched for the airvalves.

·
Banned
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 12 2005, 10:03 AM~3797933
the ice blue one is after the tacky gold hubcaps has to do with a paint that will change chrome into gold which works way better on chrome.

it was wine not maroon you marooon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts