LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
heres a great site for all your pinstriping needs,if your lookin for
a complete pinstriping kit,check out ,mr g's site at
www.xcaliberart.com
they have everything from brushes,stencil,etc.i do remember seeing a complete kit,with every thing you need to pinstripe,from brushes,paint to stencils and brush cleaner.

i'm sure you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crenshaw... I checked out his site and his set is more expensive than the one I found. Which one looks like the better deal in your opinion?? Check out the link I put in my first post and scroll down to the "Detailer Set".

Thanks homie.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
i checked them out,if your lookin at getting serious in pinstrippin,i would look into mr j's kit.its complete with everything you need,i beleive he even includes a video.i have the other video from air action,its cool,but nothing like learning your own tricks.i been pinstriping for a few years off and on,its fun and cool,but it TAKES ALOT OF PRACTICE AND PATIENCE.

i started out on plexi glass and worked my way up to helmets,tanks and other little things.i haven't striped in a while,but when i do it takes a little while for me to get rollin.

good luck and i hope it helped :cool:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been wanting to learn how to do this for a while, but I don't know anyone that does it so I had to look in magazines and online. I have the last 4 issues of Airbrush Action magazine and they have a basic intro on pinstriping. Now I just need to get my materials and get started. I'll look at Mr. J's kit again. I think it comes with more paint too.

Thanks Crenshaw, that link did help homie. Do you still have the pics of the bike that you pintriped?

Last edited by Armando Ranflitas at Sep 17 2003, 05:37 PM

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
pinstriping takes alot of time and practice,and most of all patience.
some of the best things to learn on are plexi glass,and other things you can find here and their.

my favorites are trunk and hood pieces,the kind you find at the center of the hood above the grill,or on the center top of the trunk just above the key hole.

when doing a hood or trunk peice,(nose or deck job)rule of thimb is if your right handed,you work left to right,what ever lines you pull on the left,the right side has to match,keep in mind no one is a machine and nothing can be a 100% exzact if your just starting out.

learning to pull good lines takes a while,when you first start,start small and work your way up. if you have any questions.let em know whats up.

hope this helped!! good luck.

here are a cuople of books that will get you started and give you some ideas
"PINSTRIPING MASTERS"PUBLISHED BY NIKKO PRESS--this book has shows alot of todays top pinstripers bust,from start to finish.$29.95

"PINSTRIPING BY WATSON."this book has a shit load of designs,and they all show u how to bust them from start to finish.$ around 20 bucks give or take.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i wouldn't buy a kit just go buy a brush and a can of one shot and some naptha to thin the one shot and start striping on a piece of glass you will sit there for hours and have nothing and at least if you never get the hang of it you will only be out $20 i would buy a mag 00 for a brush i hva been practiceing for about 1 1/2 years and still don't do cars to much i will do my own stuff and some lil stuff but still learning

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that I am going to just score the one brush right now. I just wanted to see if there were beginner packs out there and how much they cost. I will look around for a 00 brush. Thanks homies for all the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts