LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is piping done? I know alot of tricks for interiors except for seats, Im lost in that area...

is piping somethin I can do after I get my seats recovered or do they do it at the same time?

·
Registered
391 Posts
i do it 3 different ways one is while im actually doing the material and i buy like 1/4 inch piping staple a 1/2 inch piece of fabric then wrap the piping in it kind hard to explain

like i staple the fabric backwards whereever i ended the wrinkles or the biscuits then i put the piping on the piece i just staple then wrap the piping in the material and staple it down then continue with the rest of whatever im doing

another way is after its done you buy teh same type of piping wrap it and get a sewing machine and sew the material around it then get the piping you just sold go to where ever you want it and use glue to glue it there or you can stitch it if you can get in there with a needle and thread

3rd is you buy actual piping that already has the material and you stitch it or glue it on but i never liked it cause its never sewed good its not really round its like flat with a roundness at the end

·
Registered
391 Posts
naw it aint hard just need a sewing machine some of that piping i said that you can buy the backing foam and the material just glue the foam to the material and start sewing the lines you want just make sure you measure the seat so it dont come out too big or too tight that it wont fit on pm me if you need any help while doing it or anything

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks, Ill hit you up in a couple of weeks Im sure... Im gettin the Lac in about a week or so and the first thing Im starting on in the guts so expect to hear from me bro... lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run@Aug 17 2003, 04:04 AM
ok thanks, Ill hit you up in a couple of weeks Im sure... Im gettin the Lac in about a week or so and the first thing Im starting on in the guts so expect to hear from me bro... lol :biggrin:
you have to sew the piping in when you sew up the seat. they you go discusion over

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run@Aug 17 2003, 02:04 AM~980386

I strongly suggest that you dont do your interior yourself if you aint got experience its not that hard but 4 real it aint that easy ether u gots to measure 10 times an cut once an make sure that every lil thing alines or it`ll look bad perfection is looked for in upholstery i know thats tuff buts its my job. pm me if you need more tips an get hog rings too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts