LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up i have a 84regal with 8 batts to the front and a piston pump up front. now i have 3/4 inch out to a y split to 3/8 hoses i have 2 dumps with a check valve after the slow down. every thing from the y split to the return is 3/8 but it dosent seem to want to dump fast . it seems sulgish.any one have any tips. thanks.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
How mush pressure do you have in the piston??? Also get rid of that slowdown

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
How many batterys? What type of car? Gimmie a rundown

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have 8 batts on a 84 regal 4 1/2 ton up front with 2 turns cut off like i said no pressure right now just pump #13 gear with i belive delta dumps two of them. with side return and 2 slow downs with check valves open all the way #6 hoses

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so is it my slow down thats not alowing me to dump fast or the check valve its a small one not the big ones.

·
Banned
23,213 Posts
Originally posted by 1987regal@Sep 21 2005, 04:48 PM~3859886
so is it my slow down thats not alowing me to dump fast or the check valve its a small one not the big ones.
get a competition check valve and open ur slowdown

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Get rid of the slowdowns first of all!!! With 6 batterys you should run a #7 or #9 gear. Also those delta dumps aren't very good at all, they work but thats about it. There is no reason you would need a Piston pump unless you have the other equipment up to par first.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got a good deal on it but like i said i dont have any pressure in it just pump with 8 batts not 6 so just use 2 parker check vales 3/8

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
GET RID OF THE SLOWDOWNS. In other words DO NOT USE ANY SLOWDOWNS AT ALL

1 - 20 of 49 Posts