Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by b-easy1988@Sep 15 2006, 10:28 PM~6184605
what do yall think about the planet audio 1250 d class

Holy double post batman, try one thread, not 2 ....

THey suck, thats my answer ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
i have a PA 1250 and i love the amp. never had any problems with it, got it for a real good price, ive blown a few sets of junk 10's with it. it's a good amp overall, a great amp for the price. i know a guy who gets some good prices on factory refurb planet audio, if you want his email, send me a pm.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyHustle@Sep 16 2006, 09:12 AM~6186020
if your lookin for a good planet audio amp, check this one out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:SS:US:1

planet audio 2500 digital class.

Ever notice how they arent CEA compliant? Hmm makes you wonder, just the like rest of the chinese amps on the market ... by chinese I meant cheap, not actual place they were constructed...

hmmm

·
Registered
873 Posts
nah, but the sony xplod amps are, run out and buy one. thats how good your cea compliancy is.

i'll trust whats in my hands before i trust someone else's tests. cea compliancy doesnt even have limits on distortion and shit, just plain output done with burps from what i read.

in the end, the amp did way more than what i expected from it. it was worth way more to me than what i paid for it.

i dont think hifonics is cea compliant either, you gonna hate on them too?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyHustle@Sep 16 2006, 11:38 PM~6189624
nah, but the sony xplod amps are, run out and buy one. thats how good your cea compliancy is.

i'll trust whats in my hands before i trust someone else's tests.  cea compliancy doesnt even have limits on distortion and shit, just plain output done with burps from what i read.

in the end, the amp did way more than what i expected from it. it was worth way more to me than what i paid for it.

i dont think hifonics is cea compliant either, you gonna hate on them too?

The point of CEA compliance is not to tell how cool the amplifier runs yada yada, it is to compare the actual power output under the same standards for all amplifiers across the board. This stops cheap manufacturers like Planet Audio, Pyramid, Legacy, Boss, etc etc from claiming 200000000 watts of power. UNless of course the company doesnt opt to have CEA compliance, its a no brainer.

You read wrong, CEA compliance does measure distortion, among a whole host of other things.

Maybe you need to read the CEA compliance:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1076696614

My rockford amp says 500W RMS CEA compliant, my birthsheet shoes over 1600W @ 14.4V ! But the box only says 500W, it is sold as a 500W...

On ebay youcan get his amp that is "500W" and actually easily slams over 1000W RMS @ 4 ohms!

And thanks for asking, I have always bought REAL AMPLIFIERS HOMIE. NOT CHEAP SHIT. HIFONICS SUCKS ASS Its cheap, overrated and in the same category as audiobahn, chrome sells.

Lets take a look at a short list I have owned in the past 2 years, now you look for any junk amps here:
Memphis1000d, Directed2500d,Kicker1200.1,TsunamiDB1000, Rockfordbd1000,rockfordP5002

Nothing junk, all comanies are CEA compliant, I wouldn't defend planet audio all day long.

Say they are a good budget company, but dont defend its in-ability to be to comply with an industry standard, because they need to lie to sell their product.

:)

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 17 2006, 11:18 AM~6190477
Lets take a look at a short list I have owned in the past 2 years, now you look for any junk amps here:
Memphis1000d, Directed2500d,Kicker1200.1,Tsunami1000d, Rockfordbd1000,rockfordP5002

was it a tsunami gxa1000d? because those have the same exact board as the Boss REV3000D, Lanzar Vibe 1200D and Pyramid PB2400D ;)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 17 2006, 09:22 AM~6190486
was it a tsunami gxa1000d? because those have the same exact board as the Boss REV3000D, Lanzar Vibe 1200D and Pyramid PB2400D  ;)
**EDIT******

IT was the DB1000 excuse me, not the gxa ;)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 17 2006, 09:22 AM~6190486
was it a tsunami gxa1000d? because those have the same exact board as the Boss REV3000D, Lanzar Vibe 1200D and Pyramid PB2400D  ;)

Did you leave out the

. Concept CC-D1200
. Lanzar Vibe 1200D
. Pyramid PB2400D
. Tsunami GXA1000D

on purpose? ;)

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 17 2006, 11:41 AM~6190550
Did you leave out the

. Concept CC-D1200
. Lanzar Vibe 1200D
. Pyramid PB2400D
. Tsunami GXA1000D

on purpose?  ;)
ah, no. the concept has a much nicer case then the others, add 6db's for that :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 17 2006, 10:07 AM~6190667
ah, no. the concept has a much nicer case then the others, add 6db's for that  :cheesy:

Thats exactly what I thought ;) :uh:

·
Registered
873 Posts
like i said, the xplod amps are cea compliant, you gonna run out and buy one of thosetoo?
like the power stroke that could smoke all the other subs, it smoked alright.

im not gonna argue with you, you believe what you want, i know those xplods are really pushing the 1000w's they claim since theyre cea compliant, im going to walmart right now. and your dumber than you come across if your gonna clump PA with pyramid, legazy etc. go keep you little girlfight with aaron and the other chumps, you can talk all day and run your mouth, but to me its just more noise from another hater on layitlow. you came to this topic and started running your cocksucker just so you could start some shit with me, its not the first time youve tried to piss me off. you see my name, just skip the post, your not worth my time. imnot here to argue with little jealous bitches. im here to chill and relax withthe few good folks that are here, keep all your negative shit on the other forums and quit trashing up this one.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyHustle@Sep 17 2006, 01:41 PM~6191342
like i said, the xplod amps are cea compliant, you gonna run out and buy one of thosetoo?
like the power stroke that could smoke all the other subs, it smoked alright.

im not gonna argue with you, you believe what you want, i know those xplods are really pushing the 1000w's they claim since theyre cea compliant, im going to walmart right now. and your dumber than you come across if your gonna clump PA with pyramid, legazy etc. go keep you little girlfight with aaron and the other chumps, you can talk all day and run your mouth, but to me its just more noise from another hater on layitlow. you came to this topic and started running your cocksucker just so you could start some shit with me, its not the first time youve tried to piss me off. you see my name, just skip the post, your not worth my time. imnot here to argue with little jealous bitches. im here to chill and relax withthe few good folks that are here, keep all your negative shit on the other forums and quit trashing up this one.
The PowerStroke was old and nastolgic. I never said it would smoke anything! Read my posts, or I can go quote them for you if need be.

No I wouldnt rush out and buy a Sony amp, but if I did, I would know what it can actually do, not just what the bullshit manufacturer claims.

I can tell your a hater because:

a) You run cheap shit and try to defend it as awesome equipment

b) you are tlaking shit about the powerstroke that I never said would smoke anything, I said "it would hang with the old CV powerstroke" and that it was a AWESOME FIND if not to anyone else but me for nostalgic purposes..

So dont be a hater because you run flea market equipment that doesnt comply with CEA standards, There is no reason not to.

Thats my one and only point, if Sony is CEA compliant and still considered junk, its too bad Planet Audio/Boss has to lie to sell product.

Thanks for the hate, but if you want to reccommend equipment to people, please try something we can't find at flea markets.

ITS NOT EVEN THE PRICE! LoL I know of $100 subs that you've never ehard of that will smoke your Big Bang shits, its more of a quality and compliancy issue.

You've lost this argument my friend, CEA compliance or nothing ;) :0

·
Registered
873 Posts
whatever, like i said, just stay off my nuts. go your own damn way and stay outta mine and its all good. anything else you got to say to me, come say it in person, plain and simple, 38th and franklin in bellaire ohio.

i aint lose shit either, i proved your cea compliancy is bullshit. im not gonna fight and lower myself to your e-gangsta wanna be ways. you know where i am now, come see me. case closed.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
**EDIT**

LEts keep the peace, difference of opinion homie. Planet audio isnt the bottom of the barrel, I just dont want people misled thinking that CEA non complaint amps are actually going to put out what they say they are.

That simple. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
i really aint got much more to say about it. it really aint got shit to do with planet audio or any car audio equipment. i dont compete, i do this shit for my own ears. but the cea compliancy is in no way, the say all end all of car audio. if a sony xplod amp can wear it, then thats enough for me to piss on the whole theory. just dont disrespect me and i wont disrespect you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.