1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Looks like somthing that harbor freight would sell. Strait from China..... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
those are the Chinese cutters. A bunch of different distributors import them,that style. they are all the same except for Parker. They have some higher end chinese units now,with different names on them.

I love mine, it came from Longitity. Had it for several years. Was best price and best warranty at the time. Its no Esab,but for the price, its great. Pick a company with the best warranty, and use the heck out of it for that time period. Check it out right before the warranty expires.

Cuts are comparable to a good flame on a oxy/acc torch, gets sketchy at around 3/8 thick material, wont cut much thicker, but cuts through 1/4" and thinner no prob,nice and fast.

You want to use the longer consumables for it. Pretty sure both types work in all torches. Sometimes they call them 40 amp tips, sometimes they are called lotus tips. but they work alot better,much better cuts and last longer. The shorts ones give you no room to see where the tip is or how close to the workpeice you are.

One thing about these I don't see people doing, they have a static runoff lead that needs to be earthed to the frame of the building,etc. Without that, your tips arent going to last as long.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by wayne64ss@Feb 10 2010, 12:15 PM~16571967
I just seen these I think there is u-tube vids of them. Dude for $350 and just hobby use I don't think you could go wrong.
:thumbsup:

Got mine for less than 300 and it paid for itself in a couple of days.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by NYC68droptop@Feb 10 2010, 10:13 AM~16571532
heres the ebay link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/50A-New-Plasma-Cutter-...=item27ad2d1bb9

seems to cheap to be good?
has anyone had any experience with it is so please give me feedback before i order one
XRw5wltOaI0&feature
damn im interested in getting one also looks like a good deal an lookin at the vid shows it pretty good...did u end up buying it???

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by LOWASME@Jun 5 2010, 12:12 PM~17703076
I'll give $300.00 shipped for one. :cool:

really? where in this thread did you read that i was selling one? i posted the ebay link. should i buy one for 349 pay for it to ship to me THEN sell it to you for 300 shipped. that really doesnt make any sense but if you find someone to give you that deal let me know :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by S.T.C.C.760@Jun 5 2010, 11:34 AM~17702939
XRw5wltOaI0&feature
damn im interested in getting one also looks like a good deal an lookin at the vid shows it pretty good...did u end up buying it???

havent bought it yet but its on my wish list right next to a 50 convertible :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 10 2010, 02:22 PM~16572035
those are the Chinese cutters.  A bunch of different distributors import them,that style. they are all the same except for Parker. They have some higher end chinese units now,with different names on them.

I love mine, it came from Longitity. Had it for several years. Was best price and best warranty at the time. Its no Esab,but for the price, its great. Pick a company with the best warranty, and use the heck out of it for that time period. Check it out right before the warranty expires.
Cuts are comparable to a good flame on a oxy/acc torch, gets sketchy at around 3/8 thick material, wont cut much thicker, but cuts through 1/4" and thinner no prob,nice and fast.

You want to use the longer consumables for it. Pretty sure both types work in all torches. Sometimes they call them 40 amp tips, sometimes they are called lotus tips. but they work alot better,much better cuts and last longer. The shorts ones give you no room to see where the tip is or how close to the workpeice you are.
One thing about these I don't see people doing, they have a static runoff lead that needs to be earthed to the frame of the building,etc. Without that, your tips arent going to last as long.
WHERE U GOT YOURS FROM HOMIE..I LIKE WEN PPL TALK ABOUT THINGS THEY HAVE BEEN USING U GIVE GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT..I NEED ONE BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 1000 DOLLARS :biggrin:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also Got one of these off of ebay. ( Longivity cut 50 )
It payed for it's self a few times over then it just quite.
If i could get it fixed for a good price i would but for 3 bills i think it's just best to get a new one.
Just Don't fool yourself into thinking your getting a Thermal Arc or somthing in that class. But your not getting a Harbor Frieght piece of shit either.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Another over rated cheap import. My spectrum 1000 would have cut that piece in through and though in a quarter of the time. However my machine is 10x more. I guess that Chinese plasma will work for home use. But why not buy a good used American machine instead?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by chairmnofthboard@Jun 5 2010, 07:23 PM~17704814
Another over rated cheap import. My spectrum 1000 would have cut that piece in through and though in a quarter of the time. However my machine is 10x more. I guess that Chinese plasma will work for home use. But why not buy a good used American machine instead?
oh, are you selling yours for $300? I'll buy it since your offering :uh:

I think you get the point :biggrin:

But I dont see how you think its over rated. No one thinks these machines are top notch.. However mine takes a beating almost daily while my Hobart welder thats usually carted with it stays at the repair shop. Its surpassed my expecations of a $300 machine by far. I might even get another one if this one ever takes a crap,but I cant get it to!

I guess expectations are important when determining value..

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by NYC68droptop@Jun 5 2010, 05:25 PM~17704524
havent bought it yet but its on my wish list right next to a 50 convertible :biggrin:
orale i want one also it looks good to have 4 the price

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jun 5 2010, 07:04 PM~17705006
oh, are you selling yours for $300? I'll buy it since your offering  :uh:

I think you get the point  :biggrin:

But I dont see how you think its over rated. No one thinks these machines are top notch.. However mine takes a beating almost daily while my Hobart welder thats usually carted with it stays at the repair shop. Its surpassed my expecations of a $300 machine by far. I might even get another one if this one ever takes a crap,but I cant get it to!

I guess expectations are important when determining value..
lol, no I mean THEY over rate the machine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts