LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fellas what do you use to repair small cracks in your plastic items, door sills, doors panels, dash trim? im looking for somthing that i can repair, sand and dye. so whats the best for me? thanks

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not only no answers, no veiws!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Automix??

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
super glue? I used super glue to fix a cracked ashtray lid, then sanded it down smooth and painted it. looked like it was never broken.
What are you trying to fix?

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cracked door panel, i was thinking one of those two part epoxys that come in the 2 tubes and then mix.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Yeah, i been trying a few different appoxies and glues to try to fix my cracked door panel (me and a cop fell into it). I haven't had any luck yet though. Best way would probably be to reinforce the back of it somehow first.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I've used bondo for my dash pieces to fill dummy buttons, heat never bothered it. any flexible exopy can work for differant applications if needed like speakers, etc..

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Sep 14 2005, 06:55 PM~3816782
cracked door panel, i was thinking one of those two part epoxys that come in the 2 tubes and then mix.

It really depends on the kind of plastic, take your part and look for the letters on the back,its the plastic code, if you can find a chart online somewhere, it'll tell you what kind of plastic it is, and from there you can look up how to repair it.the methods break down into 3 categories, welding,adhesing and filling. the mst common/easiest for small plastic interior parts would be adhesion.

a 2 part expoxy,I recommend Plexus. kindof expensive and you'd need a d/a to sand it, but will hold nice if prepped right, and painted like plastic is suppossed to be painted it will look good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts