LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most of you guys use the bare metal, what is your technique, i've heard of some people putting it on before paint. Using thinner to remove the paint from over the foil.

I was also wondering if anybody has ever used gold leaf or silver leaf on their models, if so pictures would be nice...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by oobxlr8r@Sep 14 2006, 11:58 AM~6172767
I know that most of you guys use the bare metal, what is your technique, i've heard of some people putting it on before paint.  Using thinner to remove the paint from over the foil. 
I was also wondering if anybody has ever used gold leaf or silver leaf on their models, if so pictures would be nice...
It seems to me that most people here use Chrometech for chrome plated parts. Im too new to modeling so i have no idea what the prossess is. I think using BMF might mainly be used for window trim and stuff like that.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Originally posted by holly.hoodlum@Sep 15 2006, 01:39 PM~6181027
anybody got bmf for sell? ,can't find it at the hobby store.

need:
2 chrome-2gold

THANKS
                                                     H.H

On the chrome you can go to any hardware store and get the Ducting tape, it works just as good and looks just as good.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by BiggC@Sep 15 2006, 02:54 PM~6181640
Look at all MiniDreams build's and my '67 Impala, they all have that tape on them.  ;)

All my stuff is foiled in the ducking tape ! I hate spending 5.00 on BMF and only use it once ! The next time i go to use it , the shit dont stick ! i would like to see what you got that look Aluminum ! Cause mine is bright chrome !

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by Laidframe@Sep 15 2006, 10:40 PM~6184702
Do you have a pic of what it looks like, cause I want to give it a try
Actually id like to see a pic as well... the result and the product if you guys dont mind.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Sep 15 2006, 10:34 PM~6184651
All my stuff is foiled in the ducking tape !  I hate spending  5.00 on BMF and only use it once ! The next time i go to use it , the shit dont stick !  i would like to see what you got that look Aluminum ! Cause mine is bright chrome !
I guess.... It does look chrome after u clean it a little!!..............

!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry no camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts