LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get a kit that will do chrome plating on plastic parts? does it also have to have a nickel base?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Sep 20 2003, 09:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Sep 20 2003, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--omaharidah@Sep 20 2003, 07:34 PM
will those plate plastic?
i believe they do have the nickel coating stuff if i remember correctly.

look at dropping a good $500 or more to get started with though.[/b][/quote]
are those $28(Plug n Plate) any good or can they not chrome plastic?

Last edited by omaharidah at Sep 20 2003, 09:39 PM

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Yeah they're good but you have to buy a spray called Silvaspray to make the plastic conductive because plastic isn't conductive like metals. Its a little costly but you don't have to see a plater no more and end up with those huge bills. If you wanna chrome plate you just need to spray the conductive paint and then plate. If you want to gold plate you must spray the conductive paint then nickel and copper plate and then gold plate. Hope it helps

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by BoOtY_SnAtChA@Sep 20 2003, 09:49 PM
Its a little costly ...
49.50 you must be fuckin rich if thats just a little costly :biggrin: is there anything cheaper than that?

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
lol not that I know of, good luck finding a decent priced conductive spray. I still haven't tried that kit yet its still on my burrow, gonna have to try one of these days

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I don't know about that paint you would have to ask them, but they say " Apply a heavy layer of copper plate, and LIGHTLY buff it to a high shine. Then you can plate it with Copy Chrome™, or Nickel plate. We would NOT recommend plating with Chrome, as the currents required are too high, and may encourage dis-bonding of the paint film. "

·
Registered
789 Posts
My boy tried that it was a real hassel and it didn't come out too good it had some pits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts