LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im not sure where to start yet i have never done this before i dont know the advantages and dis advantages of doing anything to my car but i know that i want to do it right. I would like for car to sit a few inches off ground but dose that affect the way she hops? I would assume that you would scrape the ground a bit when hitting hydros. Realy just looking for some ideas on where to go with car i bought it for a grand has a 3 pump system 6 bat 9 switches 13 inch daytons but i dont like how the car sits when dumped the front sits higher than back i would like to at least make it sit level. The car is an 84 olds cutless. There is a bridge built in the rear front a arms have been stress tested and plated where would break. The rear sits about where car would normaly sit front sits about 3 to four inches higher. The springs have 6 to 7 coils cups look big compared to ones for sale at showtime full cup is about 3 to four inches i will take some pics soon. Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you PLEASE HELP ME DO THIS RIGHT

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yeah, pics would help a lot.

From the description though, it sounds like the previous owner was building a serious hopper. So, YES, if you cut turns off of the coils up front to bring the car down, the hop will be affected.

·
Registered
970 Posts
but if u cut it down to 41/2 -5 coils u can stll get a bit of hopp . and still lay frame i got 4 turns in my caddy ,i still hopp like 20 inches or better

Last edited by kaptonkrewl2003 at Jan 6 2004, 12:12 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Jan 6 2004, 02:42 AM
LHS, have you seen the pics yet???
No, I haven't. But the way he explained it, it seemed as though he got the car from someone trying to build a hopper. (6 -7 turns of big coil up front) I could be way off though. That was just my guess.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Yeah, thats what I thought too. Sounds like someone tried to keep as much coil as possible right??????
I seen the pics....not a pretty sight....maybe thats what someone was trying to do but they missed a little....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya its an ugly site but no better way to learn than to make it right. Good project for the right price i think i paid 1000 not to bad is it? thanks for the input i will take any advice on how to make it better i would put pics on here but dont know how thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts