LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its my first system and im connecting the lead power to the battery from the fuse holder. what prog do i have to use to connect it to my battery. the one in my kit fits over the bolt that goes into the battery but itsnt long enough the clear the ring on the battery.

what am i doing wrong :uh:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by dOUbleDiPPin@Aug 16 2005, 07:30 PM~3638006
its my first system and im connecting the lead power to the battery from the fuse holder. what prog do i have to use to connect it to my battery. the one in my kit fits over the bolt that goes into the battery but itsnt long enough the clear the ring on the battery.

what am i doing wrong :uh:
im assuming that we are connecting the power wire from the batt to the amp???

first off, GROUND THE AMP...that means to run a wire(the amp specifies what gauge wire to use) from the "ground" on the amp crimp on a "ring terminal", take a screw, put the screw through the ring, and then drive the screw into a clean, raw metal area in your car... NOTE: your ground wire should not exceed 3 feet in length...

second, its time to run the POWER WIRE... you will use the same guage wire you used for the ground... you will crimp a "ring terminal" on to the power wire, you will then designate a length to cut the power wire (no more then a foot away from the ring terminal you crimped)...you will then connect that end of the wire into the IN-LINE FUSE HOLDER...you will take the remaining POWER WIRE and connect it to the other end of the FUSE HOLDER... (NOTE: DONT FORGET to put the fuse INSIDE the fuse holder) at this point, you will find the opening running through the firewall that seperates the front dash from the engine (its easy to find, there are normally wires ALREADY RUNNING THROUGH it)...you will make a little cut (be careful) in the grommet(thats what the openings called), and run the wire through it... feel your way around because you want the wire to be visible so you can grab it from the inside of your car...

once thats done, you may need to unscrew what i like to call rug-holders(i think they are called floor panels/boards...they run along side floor of the car where the door opens up... simple screws, just unscrew, and you will be able to lift the carpet up to run your wire....)

once you've ran your wire all the way to the amp, connect it to the 12V on your amplifer...then you can go back under the hood, unscrew the bolt that hold the POSITIVE terminal on to the battery, run that bolt through the "ring terminal" you crimped and then run it back through the battery terminal, tighten it up, and you have just grounded, and powered your amplifier....

sorry its so much, but im bord and i type fast so it was kool... hopefully you know how to connect RCA's, remote turn on wire, and of course the speaker wire...

-qs

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 16 2005, 05:02 PM~3638615
im assuming that we are connecting the power wire from the batt to the amp???

first off, GROUND THE AMP...that means to run a wire(the amp specifies what gauge wire to use) from the "ground" on the amp crimp on a "ring terminal", take a screw, put the screw through the ring, and then drive the screw into a clean, raw metal area in your car... NOTE: your ground wire should not exceed 3 feet in length...

second, its time to run the POWER WIRE... you will use the same guage wire you used for the ground... you will crimp a "ring terminal" on to the power wire, you will then designate a length to cut the power wire (no more then a foot away from the ring terminal you crimped)...you will then connect that end of the wire into the IN-LINE FUSE HOLDER...you will take the remaining POWER WIRE and connect it to the other end of the FUSE HOLDER... (NOTE: DONT FORGET to put the fuse INSIDE the fuse holder) at this point, you will find the opening running through the firewall that seperates the front dash from the engine (its easy to find, there are normally wires ALREADY RUNNING THROUGH it)...you will make a little cut (be careful) in the grommet(thats what the openings called), and run the wire through it... feel your way around because you want the wire to be visible so you can grab it from the inside of your car...

once thats done, you may need to unscrew what i like to call rug-holders(i think they are called floor panels/boards...they run along side floor of the car where the door opens up... simple screws, just unscrew, and you will be able to lift the carpet up to run your wire....)

once you've ran your wire all the way to the amp, connect it to the 12V on your amplifer...then you can go back under the hood, unscrew the bolt that hold the POSITIVE terminal on to the battery, run that bolt through the "ring terminal" you crimped and then run it back through the battery terminal,  tighten it up, and you have just grounded, and powered your amplifier....
sorry its so much, but im bord and i type fast so it was kool... hopefully you know how to connect RCA's, remote turn on wire, and of course the speaker wire...

-qs

thanks for your help man i have everything wired up and done i just need to """run that bolt through the "ring terminal" you crimped""" but the ring terminal isnt long enough where it is flat, so the bolt cant reach the threads in the battery. basically where the ring terminal hold the wire is keeps the bolt from being able to screw in. so what i was wondering is do i have to buy a new ring terminal or what

this must sound retarded
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts