LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just burned one of my CCE Fatboy motor and I have only had it for 1.5weeks now.

Is thier a way to fix it or any suggestions on a new motor from other companies?

If anyone can please help me!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL. :)

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
What voltage are you running?

Does your suspension have movement (ie..do you have a full stack of coils)?

Are you holding the switch?

Is there any oil getting in the motors?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've full stacks to the front (4 tons) and running 60volts.

And I'm not holding the switch nor oil is entering.

Oh thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
When you try to raise the car does it go up any? You said that you have a full stack in there and you might just need them to break in before yopu hit the switch. Do you have deep cups?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I also have deep cups. its weird cause I have had the street edition series before and I have only burned a motor once and thats because I forgot to put on the casing bearing inside. Though I had that setup for over a year and never a problem. My new setup came assembled and I use it just like the other one.

No I don't believe I have broken in the springs yet. :)

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
did you break in the motor????????

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Yeah, you are suppose to break in the motors B4 you run full voltage. Take the motors off. Remove the key. Put the motor back on. Connect only 1 battery. hold down the switch for about 5 seconds and let the motor spin. Then take it off and put the key back. Still using 1 battery raise the car slowly to prime and bleed the lines. Once the lines are bled. Raise and lower the car a few times with 2 batteries. This will get the new motor nice and ready

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY THANKS FOR THE TIPS GUYS. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEY THANKS FOR THE TIPS GUYS. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. ;)

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i learned something :cool:

how about those 2 brass washers...do the go on the splined end or the capped end?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Dec 26 2003, 11:39 PM

how about those 2 brass washers...do the go on the splined end or the capped end?
CAPPED END, THEIR SHOULD BE A FLAT SPONGIE SPACER THAT GOES ON ON TOP OF THE BRASS WASHERS TOO.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85+Dec 26 2003, 09:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stankin85 @ Dec 26 2003, 09:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--rollin low in a grand prix@Dec 26 2003, 11:39 PM

CAPPED END, THEIR SHOULD BE A FLAT SPONGIE SPACER THAT GOES ON ON TOP OF THE BRASS WASHERS TOO.[/b][/quote]
ill have to look at a exploded pic of one... :(

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was also wondering if anyone knows how to rebuilt a motor?

and if so is it worth it, meaning quality and price on parts. :confused:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by WANNADANCE@Dec 27 2003, 05:39 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knows how to rebuilt a motor?

and if so is it worth it, meaning quality and price on parts. :confused:
well i don't rebuild my motors, i brush the bushings every now and again, but i let my local starter shop do it for me. i burnt a motor about 3 weeks ago, took it to them and they re-built it in about 30 min, and charged me 15.00 ;) thats your best bet, and yes it's alot cheaper to re-build the motor as apposed to buying a new one. ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Then you wouldn't know where I can find parts and instructions on how I can rebuild one?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by WANNADANCE@Dec 27 2003, 06:44 PM
Then you wouldn't know where I can find parts and instructions on how I can rebuild one?
well yea, you can get the instructions with the kit, but trust me it's way way cheaper if you just let the pros do it. it will save you time, and probley money too, just incase you mess up.
but they will sell you the kit, and probley give you detailed instructions too. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts