LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would you wire up 14 batteries in an impala trunk? im having trouble figuring it out,

i have the batteries running longways side to side not long ways up and down.

any one have pix?

·
Boats n Hoes
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 10 2008, 05:21 PM~12391559
how would you wire up 14 batteries in an impala trunk? im having trouble figuring it out,

any one have pix?
Hey homie how many pumps u runnin?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 10 2008, 06:21 PM~12391559

any one have pix?

your the one who needs to post pics ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 10 2008, 08:26 PM~12392789
[/size][/color]
your the one who needs to post pics ;)

yeah im working on it my work has all that shit blocked ill have to up load somthing when i get home.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 64 impala
4 pumps
car battery in trunk( top right corner pasenger side of rack)
layin in rack long ways side to side not up and down

ill try to post a pick later

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
what kind of performance you looking for out of your set up

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 11 2008, 03:04 PM~12401714
i wanna fuck up the pavement with the back bumper :cool:  :biggrin:
i would wire them as 2 banks of 7..... ill set u up with a digram

in the diagram you see 2 wires comin off the 7th battery. each wire goes into 3 noids, then to the pump. theres a cable linking both banks of batteries at the 24v position. this is to keep the batteries evened out. otherwise youd be draining down 1 bank of 7 faster than the other becuz youd be only drawing 24v from 1 bank when u hit the switch each time. so this it to keep them even thus preventing 1 bank getting lower than the other and sticking that sides noids.... also youll notice that i paired the front left pump with the back right pump on the same bank. and on the other bank i paired the front right pump with the back left pump.. this is so that if u hit side to side moves. both banks are being used, 1 bank for the front right pump and the other bank for the back right pump... if you do sea saw then both banks work for the front and then both banks work for the back..(hope u understand that) only time you work both banks for all 4 pumps at the same time is if u have the pancake switch wired..
if you have any questions youre more than welcome to PM me with them about the diagram... also there are some key items you can do ur front pump motors to get them to last you longer.. if u dont have dual post motors then you can tap the motor and drill it for a stud to create a much better source for a ground. you may find this topic of mine helpful to better understand about the motors
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=427988&hl=

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 11 2008, 05:04 PM~12401714
i wanna fuck up the pavement with the back bumper :cool:  :biggrin:
what gears are in your front pump?.....id do 10 batts to the nose and put the other 4 to the rear pumps @24v ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 11 2008, 05:36 PM~12402029
what gears are in your front pump?.....id do 10 batts to the nose and put the other 4 to the rear pumps @24v ;)
#9's in all 4 for now gonna see how that does, what do you think?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 11 2008, 03:54 PM~12402222
#9's are the preference in doing double pump to the nose.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by unforgiven50insp@Dec 11 2008, 07:01 PM~12403948
Anybody make a ported #9?
im sure ron at bmh does. or pro hopper ...

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by louisville chevy@Dec 11 2008, 03:54 PM~12402222
heres my homies 63 impala. double piston pumped, now there are mods to the rear suspension and such. so dont expect to be pulling 80+ plus inches over night. its takin a long time to get this car where its at... the batteries are wired in 2 banks of batteries.. only different is the back pumps are on 36v and theres 3 solenoids inbetween the 4th and 5th batteries instead of doing the double stack set of noids like i designed in the picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQJO_Rsf2c...player_embedded

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 11 2008, 06:43 PM~12402727
#9's are the preference in doing double pump to the nose.
thats what i got in my 4 pumps too and they just happen to be old school marz which ive heard are the best heads to run,im in the middle of my install with 10 batts,im going to run 8batts to the front and make some adjustments and changes like coils,gears and plumbing(i been tempted to try some 11's) but i like the 9's (alot!),if i dont like it ill run 10 batts and try it all again till im happy so it pretty much comes down to trial and error so do be affraid to experiment a bit ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Dec 11 2008, 10:22 PM~12404802
thats what i got in my 4 pumps too and they just happen to be old school marz which ive heard are the best heads to run,im in the middle of my install with 10 batts,im going to run 8batts to the front and make some adjustments and changes like coils,gears and plumbing(i been tempted to try some 11's) but i like the 9's (alot!),if i dont like it ill run 10 batts and try it all again till im happy so it pretty much comes down to trial and error so do be affraid to experiment a bit ;)

yeah im pretty much going the same route, im stayin with the 9s cuz the wont drain my batteries as fast as 11s.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 11 2008, 05:16 PM~12401841
i would wire them as 2 banks of 7..... ill set u up with a digram

in the diagram you see 2 wires comin off the 7th battery.  each wire goes into 3 noids, then to the pump.   theres a cable linking both banks of batteries at the 24v position.  this is to keep the batteries evened out.  otherwise youd be draining down 1 bank of 7 faster than the other becuz youd be only drawing 24v from 1 bank when u hit the switch each time.  so this it to keep them even thus preventing 1 bank getting lower than the other and sticking that sides noids.... also youll notice that i paired the front left pump with the back right pump on the same bank.  and on the other bank i paired the front right pump with the back left pump.. this is so that if u hit side to side moves.  both banks are being used,  1 bank for the front right pump and the other bank for the back right pump... if you do sea saw then both banks work for the front and then both banks work for the back..(hope u understand that) only time you work both banks for all 4 pumps at the same time is if u have the pancake switch wired..
if you have any questions youre more than welcome to PM me with them about the diagram... also there are some key items you can do ur front pump motors to get them to last you longer.. if u dont have dual post motors then you can tap the motor and drill it for a stud to create a much better source for a ground.  you may find this topic of mine helpful to better understand about the motors
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=427988&hl=

thnx man ;) that diagram helps make sense, and that video gets me pumped for when im on the streets :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts