LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright........This is for my 66 t-bird. I had the whole motor rebuilt, heads completely gone through & everything. Put 8000 miles on it, had the interior done, tuned it again & decided to gut the motor, interior , everything back out to be painted.

I took some shit off the motor to be repainted (note to self: never use spray can engine paint again) Broke one of the bolts for the exhaust manifold. No biggie.......I drill & tap all the time, but the "experienced" tooling guys at work convinced me to just drill a pilot & loaned me an EZ out that you tap into your pilot hole & back it out. I tap it in & the fucker broke. :angry:

I try to drill it & it ain't happening (hardend steel)
I get it hot & blow it out with the torch but it don't look right. I think I might have blew out a little too much.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
have the genius' in the machine shop drill the hole out larger and put a threaded insert in there...

or, if the easy out is still stuck in there, youre gonna need to EDM that fucker out..

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's out but theres like a tiny bit still left on one side of the hole & I think I blew out too much on the other side

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
dame..should of drilled it a little bigger..tap it..and use a bigger screw

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MRIMPALA2000510@Dec 12 2003, 08:17 PM
dame..should of drilled it a little bigger..tap it..and use a bigger screw
The way I usually do it is drill it one time, tap it one time & use the same size bolt....................but these fuckers got me all fucked up :angry:

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
i have broken intake bolts before.....i had to tap it and use a bigger bolt......cause that shit was like rusted in there....it was on a friends 67 skylark

·
Registered
625 Posts
HELICOIL

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Originally posted by unkuthz@Dec 14 2003, 08:37 AM
HELICOIL
exactly.....

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Dressed2Impress+Dec 19 2003, 03:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dressed2Impress @ Dec 19 2003, 03:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--unkuthz@Dec 14 2003, 08:37 AM
HELICOIL
exactly.....[/b][/quote]
How do I make sure the hole is centered good

I think it's alittle off center now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts