LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what thread is on the accumulators? i got the t coming off my dump but im not sure what fitting i need to connect the accumulator up to the t i know its not a pipe thread

thanks in advance

Trevor

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I'm not 100 percent sure, but if you're sure its not a pipe thread, then it must be an ORB fitting...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok if its the orb do they make a orb to pipe thread fitting??
cuz i had a orb fitting and it wouldnt thread into the t i have
hmmmm

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by lyinlow@Nov 15 2003, 09:23 PM
ok if its the orb do they make a orb to pipe thread fitting??
cuz i had a orb fitting and it wouldnt thread into the t i have
hmmmm
Call the people were you go your accumulators they should have all the fittings you need. :cheesy:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
yes, there are orb to pipe adapters, in just about any configuration you can think of...

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 15 2003, 06:28 PM
I'm not 100 percent sure, but if you're sure its not a pipe thread, then it must be an ORB fitting...
most accumulators that are the bladder style have 'o'' ring boss threads....these are ball style accum..... and most used in automotive hydro's are #6 or #8 'o' ring boss,hope this will help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perfect, they are the bladder style so i must need the orb fitting, ill go n get orb fittings tomorrow night! after work! one step closer to tryin it out, now all i need are some 3/4 tons to act as spacers for the rear!

Thanks alot
Trevor

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by lyinlow@Nov 16 2003, 11:48 AM
perfect, they are the bladder style so i must need the orb fitting, ill go n get orb fittings tomorrow night! after work! one step closer to tryin it out, now all i need are some 3/4 tons to act as spacers for the rear!

Thanks alot
Trevor
You know that if you put the accumulators and cylinders with no spring is going to be even better ride quality.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was plannin on doin that but i need a spacer inbetween the cylinder collar and my upper mount so that i can get the max lift outta the cylinder, i was thinking a coil would work good, but would a piece of tubing work just the same? i just havent saw many setups with tubing as spacers

Trevor

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by lyinlow@Nov 16 2003, 12:26 PM
i was plannin on doin that but i need a spacer inbetween the cylinder collar and my upper mount so that i can get the max lift outta the cylinder, i was thinking a coil would work good, but would a piece of tubing work just the same? i just havent saw many setups with tubing as spacers

Trevor
Thats what I m going to do in my cutty I m going to use a pipe as a spacer like that you can get a really good ride in the back. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool maybe thats what ill do then instead of coils, seems like i would waste the money on coils if all i was gonna use em for was to be spacers, i could get some pipe for a lot cheaper!! thanks alot!!

Trevor

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by lyinlow@Nov 16 2003, 03:15 PM
cool maybe thats what ill do then instead of coils, seems like i would waste the money on coils if all i was gonna use em for was to be spacers, i could get some pipe for a lot cheaper!! thanks alot!!

Trevor

:biggrin:
You are welcome just weld the pipe to the cups just like a coilover.Like that you can remove the cylinders to replace the o-rings. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so yur sayin just put a regular donut on above the collar and weld the pipe to the donut . that way the cylinder and spacer will be separate ?

Trevor

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by lyinlow@Nov 16 2003, 07:56 PM
so yur sayin just put a regular donut on above the collar and weld the pipe to the donut . that way the cylinder and spacer will be separate ?

Trevor
Just doit like a coilover set up in between the two cups instead of placing a spring weld a pipe same size as the coil. So that replaces the coil so when you need to replace orings is easy.Is basicly a coil over set up with no springs instead a big pipe. ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
javascript:ShowImage('/cgi-bin/showpic/showtech.cgi?suspension_figure1_580x309.jpg', 580, 309)

You see right there on the picture that the spring is in between the two cups. So what you need to do is instead of placing a spring you are going to weld a pipe the same size of the spring. ;) :cheesy: :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
k im gettin frustrated here, i took one of my accums into the fitting store today and he claims i dont need any adapter, that it has the 3/8 pipe thread on it. they are showtime accumulators. has anyone else got them and have 3/8 pipe thread on em?? everyone keeps sayin i need a adapter to plumb em in?!?!!?!

help me out here

Trevor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts