LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
OKIE DOKIE LISTEN UP. IF YOU WANT MORE SPL THEN YOU GO DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL CAR AUDIO INSTALLER AND HAVE HIM SEAL THE BOX TO THE BACK SEAT. SUBS POINTING TOWARDS THE BACK SEAT. NEVER POINT EM UP YOU WILL PHUCK UP THE VOICE COILS B/C OF THE SOUND WAVES HITTIN THE TRUNK LID AND BOUNCING BACK TO THE SUB WICH CREATES SOMETHING BAD I FORGOT THE TERM. OR YOU COULD VENT THE BOX LIKE MINE AND IT WILL HIT VERY HARD.
NO MORE PAIN,
B.B. KILLAH

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
every car and setup is different, try both and see what sound good. In most cases, facing the box towards the rear of the vehicle is the best. because it allows the bass to hit the back and bounce back towards the cabin of the car. But i installed a pair of twelves in a beretta once, and they did better facing up into the rear deck. so it just depends.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The best sounding bass I have ever heard was when I put some 2" "feet" on the front of my boys box and turned the subs pointing down to the floor... ;)

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Naughty T@Sep 27 2003, 02:22 AM
The best sounding bass I have ever heard was when I put some 2" "feet" on the front of my boys box and turned the subs pointing down to the floor... ;)
Yeah people don't know about that, I am going with a design like that, but I am going with a port.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts