LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In edition to Joebombers topic on Nitro RC's I'm wondering what you people think of the "off topics".
Myself I'm not for it but on the other hand I can see the need for these topics.
It is not that simple to say what you can post and what not but in my opinion the rule must be that what you post on here (bikes/modelcars) must be related to Lowriders...this can be bikes, modelcars, pedalcars, games...I consider these to be direct sidekicks from (i.e. part of) the whole lowrider carmovement.
This is merely to prevent that people are staring topics about BMX, RC cars in general, music (I've sinned on this one), games in general, etc.
Once again this is my opinion let's hear what you have to say on this! ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 18 2003, 07:20 AM
In edition to Joebombers topic on Nitro RC's I'm wondering what you people think of the "off topics".
Myself I'm not for it but on the other hand I can see the need for these topics.
It is not that simple to say what you can post and what not but in my opinion the rule must be that what you post on here (bikes/modelcars) must be related to Lowriders...this can be bikes, modelcars, pedalcars, games...I consider these to be direct sidekicks from (i.e. part of) the whole lowrider carmovement.
This is merely to prevent that people are staring topics about BMX, RC cars in general, music (I've sinned on this one), games in general, etc.
Once again this is my opinion let's hear what you have to say on this! ;)
:thumbsup: I say we make our own Special messege board for all differnt topics but based on different style models and bikes. witch will include a off topic session. if www.pedalscrapers.com came on, he could set it up. The cool messege board i wanted cost money. something like 20 a month......

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
this topic is about "lowrider" Bikes & model i seen a lot of hate on here lately this should a more positive forums and if any one does want or have the need to talk s**t take it to the off topic section or to another forum let keep this section on a positive note before some just pulls the plug out on us.

“ Just my 2 pesos.”

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm with cleverlos, I've gained alot of knowledge off of this site, and love the fact so many people are into lowrider model car modeling, but it has gotten a little outta hand.... I'm just saying we should keep this clean, I've like this site so much that have been recommeding it to other people and kids so they can show off there work and gain some knowledge on modeling. I think we'd scare off some people if they come in here for the first time and just see all this hateration......

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Rat Rodder@Aug 18 2003, 06:31 AM
I say we make our own Special messege board for all differnt topics but based on different style models and bikes.  witch will include a off topic session.  if www.pedalscrapers.com came on, he could set it up.  The cool messege board i wanted cost money.  something like 20 a month......
Sounds cool but I don't like to jump from one messageboard, forum adventure to another...it has to be a very good one.
The advantage of theLayitlow forum is that it reaches a lot of people...I know we are a small part on this big forum but more and more people jump from the automotive forums to this one to check things out...and vica versa. ;)

Last edited by jevries at Aug 18 2003, 08:44 AM

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
I am turning 24 in October man, i don’t mine hanging in the section cause i like building the small master pieces I love everything that has to do with Lowriding I have a Caddy , a low low show bike, a lot of lowrider models, I enjoy talking about every thing and anything and helping any one out with any thing i can help with but if this get to childish i would have to move on, RESPECT is the key word here show some and you should receive some.
I guess this would be my mine problem.

Let show some respect if you have something negative to say post message (pm) that person so we wont have to see your drama.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The least thing people can do is they feel the urge to post something of a different kind is to include that their new post is an OFF topic so you can decide to look at it or not.

It's also pretty shitty when a topic starts with a particular subject that somewhere in the middle of all the replies the story goes in a whole new direction...useally it's a waste of time to read it because there are 3 pages filled with chit, chat....

Once again these are no commands but merely things you could consider to do or not to do.

I hope that in the future this forum get's back to what it used to be a cool, on topic forum with some great conversations at the side. ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I think that this should be left just to bikes & models related topics. as far as the video game stuff. like the posts about the new lowrider game...... that has nothing to dod with bikes or models, it should be in lowrider general. as far as various types of maodels on here goes...... i think that id fine because i myself and most of the others here are into a vast range of modeling rather than stuck in one particular rut.
R/C's are R/C's nitro or not i think people should be able to talk about them if they want to. Then again there isnt anything that says anything about R/C's in the topic title. So should we do away with them all together? :dunno: If you want to get that technical that is what it comes down to. If you want to limit it down to LOWRIDER R/C's only then WOW! everybody would be here talking about the same 2 cars all the time. :ugh: lol
As far as the bikes go..... someone mentioned BMX bikes. See now that is getting a little touchy there........ I don't really want to say anything about those being on here because that would sound contradictory of myself from what i mentioned about the other issues.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 21 2003, 08:24 AM
I hope that in the future this forum get's back to what it used to be a cool, on topic forum with some great conversations at the side. ;)
Things will be running ALOT smoother in the near future man ;)
I been tolerating and letting things slide for too damn long around here.
Guess that's what happens being Mr. Nice Guy :ugh:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see your points, I'm down with it as long as people take the effort to make clear what the topic is all about....for instance when I see Nitro RC I'm like WOW nitro RC lowriders gonna check that out!
And than I see it handles about....well... plain Nitro RC cars...you see my point?
It's really simple just state that it is an off topic or make clear it handles about something not Lowrider related...it helps to keep this forum clear...it's just a little thought.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
yeah i understand that man. :cheesy:

people do post up some pretty jacked up titles for stuff. Hell half of them can't even spell the titles right much less explain them properly. ;)

guess it's one of those "enter at your own risk" kinda things huh :dunno: :roflmao:

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Aug 21 2003, 05:13 PM
I think that this should be left just to bikes & models related topics. as far as the video game stuff. like the posts about the new lowrider game...... that has nothing to dod with bikes or models, it should be in lowrider general. as far as various types of maodels on here goes...... i think that id fine because i myself and most of the others here are into a vast range of modeling rather than stuck in one particular rut.
R/C's are R/C's nitro or not i think people should be able to talk about them if they want to. Then again there isnt anything that says anything about R/C's in the topic title. So should we do away with them all together? :dunno: If you want to get that technical that is what it comes down to. If you want to limit it down to LOWRIDER R/C's only then WOW! everybody would be here talking about the same 2 cars all the time. :ugh: lol
As far as the bikes go..... someone mentioned BMX bikes. See now that is getting a little touchy there........ I don't really want to say anything about those being on here because that would sound contradictory of myself from what i mentioned about the other issues.
i agree....guess jevries cant post anymore about his rc car anymore

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
this is not about bikes and models :uh:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Aug 21 2003, 06:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Aug 21 2003, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Aug 21 2003, 06:06 PM
I dont understand what all the hubbub is about..
they are mad cuz i posted euro r/c's[/b][/quote]
i see nothing wrong with what you posted. Jev just got a little chapped about being somehow misled from the topic title that's all. And I think it was more or less him going off about other topics on here such as video games, music, ect.
which i TOTALLY agree with.

if you go back up to my first reply and read what i said and then read Jevries reply to that then it should cool things down some around here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
i kno dis is a lowrider model and bike forum , but i dont mind to see r/cs and replicas of like stock cars or w/e , models are models some ppl rather build hot rods den lowriders. but if we seperate the categorys like that then were gonna miss on maybe useful info, or good threads. but what i would like to see split up is dis forum, one for models and one for bikes, for ppl who just wanna see bikes and just wanna see models , its more organized

w/e thats my dos centavos

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
aren't R/Cs models too? I mean, propably no one ever would have known of these if Joe didn't put this thread on the map. One day somebody will build a lolo R/C from one of the Nitro R/Cs and it's all good.

I think a forum like LIL is all about giving people directions and help. If somebody comes up with some new stuff that has the abilities to be used in a lowrider model / bike / whatever - why shouldn't he post it in here.

People post pics of Jada Road Rats on here. That ain't Lolos but they're cool though. People recognize them and get ideas from them for their own creations. So you give them directions on different, unique ways of looking at the topic.

As for bikes: I also enjoy people showing of their Chopper and custom bikes even if these are not lowrider bikes in a "traditional" way. But people look at them, start thinking about the mods and maybe develop some of the mods further and perfect them to bring the art of lowriding to a higher level.

Nothing wrong with that.

I just think the Games and stuff should be in the Lowrider General topic. They don't belong to a "bikes and models" topic. O.K. - most (not all) of the model and Bike people are somewhat underage and get kicks out of video games and I enjoy them too - but they don't belong to a model forum.

Just my $ 0.02 ....

Well now - post your stuff and rise the art of riding slow and low.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok. ok I can see the points being made here..I didn't see it that way....but you guys are right it can and does inspire people.
And I guess me being fed up has indeed more to do with all the bitchin', namecalling, negativity etc. going on here.

The only thing that's left for me to say is try to keep this place nice and clean.
;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts