Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know were to find polyurethane body mounts for '62

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no look on there. no luck ... also looked on energy susp. web site and it said not yet available.. thanks anyway. anyone else have any info :dunno:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by mrcaprice84+Jul 29 2003, 02:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcaprice84 @ Jul 29 2003, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62@Jul 29 2003, 08:51 AM
does any one know were to find polyurethane body mounts for '62
TRY THIS SITE!!

http://www.energysuspension.com/

THEY HAVE A TYPE OF Polyurethane MOUNTS AND BUSHINGS. :cool:[/b][/quote]
nope in the catalog for 57-64 belair, impala none are listed just suspension bushings

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by mrcaprice84@Jul 29 2003, 02:53 PM
JUST BUY SOME HOCKEY PUCKS!!!
DRILL THEM OUT. AND THEY WILL LAST A LONG TIME!!!! :cool:
I HAVE THEY ON MY 2 DOOR CAPRICE..NO PROBLEMS :thumbsup:
i Think ive heard it all now... did you really do that? damn that was some real inovative thinkin. but i think ill just keep searchin... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62+Jul 29 2003, 12:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mikeb62 @ Jul 29 2003, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--mrcaprice84@Jul 29 2003, 02:53 PM
JUST BUY SOME HOCKEY PUCKS!!!
DRILL THEM OUT.  AND THEY  WILL LAST A LONG TIME!!!! :cool:
I HAVE THEY ON MY 2 DOOR CAPRICE..NO PROBLEMS :thumbsup:
i Think ive heard it all now... did you really do that? damn that was some real inovative thinkin. but i think ill just keep searchin... :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
TRUST ME BRO!!! OLD HOTROD TRICK!!!!
I LOOKED EVERY WHERE 4 SOME BODY MOUNT ...
FOR A 84 CHEVY CAPRICE ... COULD NOT FIND :angry:
PLUS MY RIDE IS A HOPPER AND THE MOUNT HOLDING OUT GOOD

Last edited by mrcaprice84 at Jul 29 2003, 01:01 PM

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright. ill keep that in mind. i can find rubber mounts but not polyurethane mounts... rubber one wont last as long with the twisten and all with the hydros... oh and what are hocky pucks made out of .. i dont know .. i live in Florida????? :twak:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
DONT KNOW WHAT THERE MADE FROM!!! GO TO A SPORTS STORE AND BUY ONE REG. SIZE PUCK!! TO TRY THIS OUT .. DRILL IT OUT WITH A 1/2 INCH OR 3/4 INCH DRILL BIT!! ;)

AND SEE 4 YOUR SELF.... I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT MY SELF!!

Last edited by mrcaprice84 at Jul 29 2003, 01:08 PM

·
Registered
66 Posts
did you try the jegs catalog? maybe they can help. otherwise try classic industries. they have a full size chevy catalog. i needed one for my caprice. it has suspension parts and bushings, etc. check it out good luck.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Energy Suspension makes 2 different sizes of "universal" body bushings... one of them is like 1/8" thicker and a little bit smaller in diameter than a stock Impala bushing so its very close in size... ive got some red ones on my 64 rag... if i remember correctly they are like $22 a pair though... adds up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts