LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, asking a couple other qurestions ( thank you for the info, it was a carbon fiber question, and I found what I was looking for.)

Anyway, does anybody know how polyurethane parts work? As in how they are made? I don't assume they are hand laid as well.

I'm starting my own aftermarket business, though I want to make sopme parts in polyurethane, I new it wouldn't take me to long with CF due to the fact I've been working with fiberglass for so long, but I've never heard how they make polyurethane items. If anyone knows, let me know ( and thanks again, you guys have been a big help.)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm from NYC originally and now 48 years old I have 2 properties in Texas, have been part way around the world and am presently living in N-W Louisiana. I've been around Hydraulics since 1975 introduced to them by some fellas' from L.A.. Your Regal is "live." I'm impressed because you are in the UK and "juicin' the heck" out of that Regal. 4 pumps is the "bomb." It's incredible that Hydraulics went from the West Coast to and made popular in Europe. Good Luck with the project. It looks "GREAT."

·
Registered
258 Posts
ooh ooh. i know this one. before i painted professionally, i used to run very large injection molding machines. polyurethane parts are typically injection molded.

if you want parts made, you need to get an injection mold made. not a die, a mold. this will cost several thousand dollars, depending on design details. but once you get it, you can make parts almost forever.

next you need a press. large parts require large clamping forces=large machines. these can be several million dollars.

so you take your mold to custom molders that have the machines, and the people to run them. they might charge on a per part basis. they do all the work and you just make sure the parts are good.

search the web for injection molding, moldmakers, imm monthly, sandretto, van dorn, husky, engle, custom molders...

hope this helps. any more questions just ask.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by Texas Jim@Sep 12 2005, 11:04 AM~3798262
I'm from NYC originally and now 48 years old I have 2 properties in Texas, have been part way around the world and am presently living in N-W Louisiana.  I've been around Hydraulics since 1975 introduced to them by some fellas' from L.A..  Your Regal is "live."  I'm impressed because you are in the UK and "juicin' the heck" out of that Regal.  4 pumps is the "bomb."  It's incredible that Hydraulics went from the West Coast to and made popular in Europe.  Good Luck with the project.  It looks "GREAT."

A little off topic, but thanks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.