LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember how about 10 years ago, I wouldnt be able to sleep the night before because I couldnt wait to get to Pomona first thing in the morning. Since moving to Texas a few years ago, I have been back a couple times and it just didnt seem the same. I always figured the prices would go up but it just didnt seem the same as it was for some reason.

Theres some of you guys here that I would see for years out there. Either way, what do you guys think of Pomona today versus how it used to be back in the day?

All I know is that in the summer, them porta potties aint no joke especially if you gotta go about noon. You're hating life. Its like you're standing there pissing in a 'shit sauna'. Thats one thing that will never change. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Some of the picking are gone ---- must be Ebay. But it has gotten bigger on the parts side. But yea , we would get up 3 in the morn to go from Bakers just to get a good parking space. Its still the shit tho.

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Jul 29 2005, 01:15 AM
Some of the picking are gone ---- must be Ebay.  But it has gotten bigger on the parts side. But yea , we would get up 3 in the morn to go from Bakers just to get a good parking space.  Its still the shit tho.
[snapback]3502390[/snapback]​

I agree, the internet has made people lazy to go out like they used to it seems. As if you can now sit back and find anything you want without leaving the house.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by Skim@Jul 29 2005, 07:38 AM
I agree, the internet has made people  lazy to go out like they used to it seems. .
[snapback]3503269[/snapback]​
You must be talkin about John C.

·
Registered
90 Posts
there's not as many vendors anymore because of the high ass prices some have compared to what you will pay in ebay. it's good to go for parts that you won't find on ebay. the environment is still hell of sick because you have people you enjoy doing the same thing you do, fixing cars.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i grew up in so cal,,and pomona was a religious thing...used to be always a good deal to be found...waking up at 3 or 4 in the A.M. to head out there,,,

i moved out of state,,but always plan my trips back so that i can get to POMONA..

..i triped out the last time i was there cuz everything was way overpriced and the pickings were slim,,,,...oh well.....

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
ITS WAS THE THING TO DO 4 YEARS AGO,,,NOW ITS WEAK AS HELL I HAVENT BEEN THE IN OVER A YEAR

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
i hadnt been in almost 2 years i went a few weeks ago nothing special 3300 cruiser skirts 1500 trailmasters way over priced shit

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to love rolling in late about 7 or 8. Driving down the long aisle center stage in front of everybody. I sure do miss those days. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts