LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new Blitzluft Jr. valves and now i can hita switch but when i let go and the switch goes back to the middle position my speakers pop. I need help fast!

·
Registered
93 Posts
where are your wires running? make sure that your valve wires are not going right on top of your speaker wires, i had the same thing one time and it was just due to the wires going over each other, you could start there.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
put a better ground on the stereo eguip and keep the power wires away from the signal wires and make sure nothing is grounding out

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 29 2005, 07:34 PM
put a better ground on the stereo eguip and keep the power wires away from the signal wires and make sure nothing is grounding out
[snapback]3506816[/snapback]​
As a former shade-tree stereo installer from back in the 1,000 watt eq-booster days, I would concur with Joe's assestment ...

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
each up and down valve at each corner the gronds are pigtailed together and grounded to the structure of the car at the valve bracket. i have by passed about everything i can think of including running ground to the battery, changing the place the switch box gets its power and the amps grounds. i have grounded everything to where the amps are grounded, stereo is grounded, eliminated it as rca noise and remote amp turn on. wires for the valves have been moved as not to interfear with stereo wires(running along side them), the only thing i am thinking is it might be the switch box itself, specily since it from aim. i was thinkiong that maybe the switch box needs to be grounded? its a nine wire ten switch box. any suggestions? thanks guys.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
where are you getting the power to the switches from

was the stereo installed by a pro shop

where are the valves mounted?

what size wires are you running from switch box to the valves

i doubt it is the switch box

unless wires are shorting in side
test them for shortsd with a meter or something

but definetly it is a ground problem

unless you are missing the required condencers

what kind of car is it
?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 30 2005, 06:20 PM
where are you getting the power to the switches from

was the stereo installed by a pro shop

where are the valves mounted?

what size wires are you running from switch box to the valves

i doubt it is the switch box

unless wires are shorting in side
test them for shortsd with a meter or something

but definetly it is a ground problem

unless you are missing the required condencers

what kind of car is it
?
[snapback]3511774[/snapback]​
power for the box is coming from the battery, valves are mounted on the inside fender wells, wires from the switch box to the valves are good size speaker wire but the valves are grounded at the valve mount bracket, its a 98 ford taurus, and what do you mean by missing required condencers? thanks bro.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 29 2005, 09:59 PM
i still have these wnat to put them in and cranke them up

[snapback]3507704[/snapback]​

Joe, those are land mines. Where did you get those?

:0

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Aug 3 2005, 11:08 AM
army surpluss
[snapback]3533911[/snapback]​
:cool: :cool: :cool:

I wish I lived over there.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all grounds have been rerouted and its still there. what is this diode trick? every one ive talked to says to do it but no one can tell me how. please help guys.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Have you checked the condition of the wiring for the stereo? I am wondering whether you have a frayed wire or something which is getting a power surge or grounding out or some shit like that when you hit the switch. Are you using after-market speaker wire or are you using the factory wire? If factory, you could trie running new wire to the speakers to see if you can duplicate the problem. Have you tried swapping head units? You need to start swapping out components with known good ones in order to eliminate culprits. Start with the easiest swaps and work your way up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts