LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my first set up. And need to know what's the highest I can lift the back with out doing any thing to the drive ax and about poping coils ... can I weld them to stop that

AND IF YOU HAVE ANY TIP PL HELP

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ON A 85 CUT DOG

·
Registered
841 Posts
Are you doing coilover or under?? If you do Coil-over which I would do then you need powerballs and reverse deepcups and weld the powerballs to the axel... :biggrin:

·
Registered
549 Posts
WHAT SIZE CYLINDERS ARE U RUNNING..............AND WHAT KIND OF CAR DO U HAVE BECAUSE U MIGHT HAVE TO EXTEND UR TRAILING ARMS TO KEEP UR DRIVE LINE FROM BINDING UP WHEN LOCKED UP AND DRIVING.......THAT USUALLY CAUSES UR CAR TO VIBRATE.....FIX FOR THAT, LOCK IT UP AND TAP IT DOWN A BIT................OHHHHHH AND GO WITH A COIL OVER SET UP...AND U DONT ACTUALLY NEED POWER BALLS.......ITS A GOOD SUGGESTION I U PLAN ON 3 WHEELING SO U WONT BEND UR CYLINDER BUT IF NOT THEN JUST WELD A "U" BRACKET TO UR AXEL AND DRILL A HOLE THOUGH UR CYLINDER.........TO SAVE ALL THAT BULL SHIT ........SHOW TIMES GOT A SET UP .......WHICH SCREWS TO THE BOTTOM OF UR CYLINDER AND IS ALREADY ATTACHED TO A SWIVLE "U" JOINT

·
Registered
841 Posts
On the cylinders you can go up to 12"s without any driveshaft modifications maybe 14"s.... And those Hyme Joints really suck I personally dont like them ...Your going to end up welding anyways so just do the powerballs.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I PLAN 2 RUN 14 IN THE REAR IT'S ON A 85 CUT .. DO I HAVE TO HAVE A CHAINS ON A COIL OVER .... COULD YOU TELL HOW THE TRAILING ARMS WORK AND WHAT ABOUT THE FRAME. CAN YOU GET ALL THE WELDING YOU ND WITH THE BODY ON FRAME

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think you would have to go to a place that sell metal....Actually I think you should go to a hydro shop and get the install.... :biggrin: ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I GOT AN 87 LUXORY.........IM RUNNING 14 INCH CYLINDERS... NO CHAINS.........U DONT NEED TO DO SHIT............JUST GET SOME REINFORCEMENT FROM UR LOCAL HYDRO SHOP AND UR GOOD TO GO.......ALL UR GONNA COME ACROSS IS THE BINDING ON THE DRIVE LINE LIKE I SAID EARLIER...............AND UR SUPENSION DONT NEED NO CUTTING OR EXTENDING..........OH YEA , DO THIS REINFORCE UR UPPER TRAILING ARMS AT LEAST........THEY WILL HIT ON THE FRAME WHEN LICKED UP

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
MAN I GOT A 85 CUTTY WITH 4 BATTS AND TEAN SWICTHES
8 UP FRONT TEN IN THE REAR

13X7 WIRE WHEELS IN DASH T.V. AND LOWRIDER FLOOR MATS MY INSTALL WAS DONE BY C.M.W (THE SWICTH BOX) :cool:

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by MRA@Sep 29 2003, 01:28 PM
MAN I GOT A 85 CUTTY WITH 4 BATTS AND TEAN SWICTHES
8 UP FRONT TEN IN THE REAR

13X7 WIRE WHEELS IN DASH T.V. AND LOWRIDER FLOOR MATS MY INSTALL WAS DONE BY C.M.W (THE SWICTH BOX) :cool:
got any pics of the cutty?

·
Registered
807 Posts
you might not get e receipt though. its been about a month and no receipt yet. insurance wont cover the money invested without proof.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
i got my front gear there at cmw ... i got my reciept .... it was the soleniod that took a minute ...seems they forgot me when i was there ... i causght up with steve later so it's all good now ..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts