LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 72 cutless and the key hole was shaved has anyone installed a pop trunk not the ones that are on actsuhwaiters but like the ones that come out of a 80 to 90 cars post up some pic of stuff like this getting done

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it still has those long bars that holds the trunk open but just got back from the junk yard and got a trunk popper off of a newer car bolts right on to the trunk lid just got to mod... the latch and wire it up eazyyyy as fuck to do :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea was not that hard little work but i rather spend time and not money :biggrin: and i just add remote start power locks power trunk all off the remote thanks to the homie big will from crowd of san diego good looking out pimp ;) ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
On my 71, I used a factory power opener from a 75 Buick. Wired it into my three channel remote. Just get a factory trunk popper from a similar car to yours.

·
16,068 Posts
After having my trunk lid shaved for years, i'm thinking about drilling the hole and adding a lock cylinder again. Reason being is my trunk is packed with audio/hydro equipment and there's now a wall under the rear deck so if that trunk pop solenoid goes bad on me, i'm pretty sure i'd end up having to physically pry the trunk open. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I left the original lock cylinder in place when I did mine for those exact reasons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts