LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watchin Friday the other day and i noticed Big Worms 61 Impala had peach colored spokes on his wires. Now Friday was released in 1995...but it seems like colored wheels and spokes just recently became popular...if they were around since then, how come nobody had them? I have many lowrider magazines from a few years ago and I can only find very few colored spokes or rims (i can count them on my fingers). But now their populaity has risen. I mean is it just me that has noticed this? Did everyone decide to jump on the colored wheel bandwagon at the same time or what? Can any one fill me in on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
Probably just like anything...its kind of a style, or its "in" or whatever...

Just like when Nelly came out with "Air force 1" everyone got those shoes. So basically its like a fad, like spinning wheels, big wheels, etc....Thats my opinion anyway. I think it's good to see stuff different now and then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Originally posted by Pak Man@Jan 14 2004, 12:47 AM
I was watchin Friday the other day and i noticed Big Worms 61 Impala had peach colored spokes on his wires. Now Friday was released in 1995...but it seems like colored wheels and spokes just recently became popular...if they were around since then, how come nobody had them? I have many lowrider magazines from a few years ago and I can only find very few colored spokes or rims (i can count them on my fingers). But now their populaity has risen. I mean is it just me that has noticed this? Did everyone decide to jump on the colored wheel bandwagon at the same time or what? Can any one fill me in on this?
We been down with powdercoated wheels since like 94 in my circle of lowriding homies. I been seeing powdercoats forever and an abundant amount of them. Guess it's just where you from. Ya I know everyone jumping on the colored wheel bandwagon all of a sudden these days. But you right riders been pimpin those for hella years now. You know how it goes a few cars in Lowrider come out with it then everybody wants it. What's new to me though is how people going nuts and powdercoating the entire rim, hubs, etc. I remember when it was only spokes, then people started doing nipples coated, then they went crazy from there. It's all about trying to have individuality for your ride and right now powdercoating wheels is just a nice way to stand out from the next man, or woman....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i mean i dont mind powdercoating i like it...but i guess im looking for at it from a LIL standpoint. just seems like MANY people on here are getting colored wheels now when they have been around for years and years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,529 Posts
it just recently got cheaper...since these "baller" type wheels became the fad now...so you see more people getting them..had my first set back in 94 or 95
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I think it's just trends, most the time they come and go, and sometims come back again. I just do what I like, because even if it's not 'in' at the time, you can be assured it will be sooner or later.

Basically, people do things because they like to be original, and then everyone wants to do that, so ultimitley it's no longer original. Then we move onto something else and the first trend is now the exception once again.

Like most things, I think powder coats suit certain rides and styles. I've seen it look shit hot and butt ugly at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,787 Posts
i think the reason is cause of the availability, and now at a decent price as well
i remember videos ,,from WAAAY back in the eirly 90's when zuess was rolling on em,,,and i thought they were absolutly gross,,,,but now i love them,,and cant picture myself ever rolling on some all chromes again
hell,,what else can we do, when theres only really one type of wheel, for our type of car customs
i hope everybody starts rolling all chrome and gold again,,,so i can be the stand out guy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by woodpaneling@Jan 14 2004, 01:52 AM
Probably just like anything...its kind of a style, or its "in" or whatever...

Just like when Nelly came out with "Air force 1" everyone got those shoes. So basically its like a fad, like spinning wheels, big wheels, etc....Thats my opinion anyway. I think it's good to see stuff different now and then.
I never had Air Force Ones, just cortez.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,008 Posts
Originally posted by BRAVO@Jan 14 2004, 10:02 AM
i think the reason is cause of the availability, and now at a decent price as well
i remember videos ,,from WAAAY back in the eirly 90's when zuess was rolling on em,,,and i thought they were absolutly gross,,,,but now i love them,,and cant picture myself ever rolling on some all chromes again
hell,,what else can we do, when theres only really one type of wheel, for our type of car customs
i hope everybody starts rolling all chrome and gold again,,,so i can be the stand out guy
ZUESS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST...CHINO GONALZES ALSO MY FISRT PART WAS IN 90.........MCLEANS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
Everyone made fun of Zeuss's wheels the red ones onhis 64 now everyone has them
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top