LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard nothing but good about the stuff . is it ok to use on body panels on my 64 car been sittin in the garage for a while and the bare spots have rusted over should i use this or just go with some epoxy primer??

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
well it depends on the degree of the rust. Por 15 cant be directly topcoated like a epoxy primer. So i say if you can sand the rust out then do it in epoxy. Otherwise it will take a lot more time to do it right in por 15, plus it will build up pretty thick if you are just using it in spots.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would not use por 15 on out side body pannels. I think you should sand and epoxy prime. Save the por 15 for the frame and stuff like that

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info the cars been sitting bare so its just surface rust but i think so spots have begun to pitt up but ill hit it with the da then epoxy

prime the metal with epoxy then start filler where i need then prime again?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Originally posted by tlkolrod@Oct 16 2006, 11:51 AM~6378694
I would not use por 15 on out side body pannels. I think you should sand and epoxy prime.  Save the por 15 for the frame and stuff like that
Exactly. A guy around here used it on his frame and suspension stuff and it came out nice. But, for body panels...........not recommended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts