LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here had experiance with drilling out the pressure port of there marz.does it help?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I ported mine.....I think every little thing helps. tweeking the system....

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by westrides@Nov 20 2003, 03:58 PM
how much did you drill it out and did you notice any difference
9/16" :biggrin: If you are going to do it you better be very presice and not drill it to the right or to the left because it will get into the seals! I am pretty sure it is 9/16 at the most, but I might be wrong we will see what everybody else says!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Nov 20 2003, 03:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Nov 20 2003, 03:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--westrides@Nov 20 2003, 03:58 PM
how much did you drill it out and did you notice any difference
9/16" :biggrin: If you are going to do it you better be very presice and not drill it to the right or to the left because it will get into the seals! I am pretty sure it is 9/16 at the most, but I might be wrong we will see what everybody else says![/b][/quote]
You might want to have it done using a mill. Or high speed rotary file bite.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
No is what I have heard from the people that are in the big leagues!! ;)

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Nov 20 2003, 06:54 PM
No is what I have heard from the people that are in the big leagues!! ;)
you do not really gain anything, not worth the chance of messing the front or undernieth plates ups. People been doing for a longgggggggggg time

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 20 2003, 07:01 PM

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
ask vegashopper he should know

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
IT WORKS IF DONE RIGHT

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by westrides+Nov 21 2003, 11:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (westrides @ Nov 21 2003, 11:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Nov 21 2003, 09:36 AM
how is it done properly?
:cool:[/b][/quote]
if you cross drill a whole on the side, it will bring in more fluid... then you have to drill the exit side of the port... meaning, it'll shoot out more fluid... then you will have to plug up the original side through where the oil actually feeds in... after all that... you will back bumper like crazy...

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by hydroaire10@Nov 21 2003, 02:32 PM
What kinda crap is that?

" it'll shoot out more fluid... "

O.K. whatever
for real... Apparantely you've never tried it...

Weld the original place where the oil enters... Cross drill a hole through the body... more fluid gushes in... from there drill the exit hole bigger... this will make it work like a double pump.... it'll make a 9 behave like a 11

·
Registered
962 Posts
u have to drill the front and back at different angles so it hits the block port center so that the o ring still seals.. but on the inside of the gear u cant hit those seals either.. just be carefull take your time.. it does help especialty with higher flow gears.. some gears came ported.. 11,13.. I ported my 9 gear and it works well I doe my gears and my homies...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts