LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Y’all,

So I am considering entering the lowrider scene but am still unsure so hopefully after the following are answered I can make a firm decision.

A little info:

I am absolutely sure that I would get a 1990-2002 Lincoln Town Car and install three pumps. I am not yet learned in the use of dumps or amount of batteries for such a setup, so how many of each would I need? I plan on driving this lowrider almost daily (to and from work, on weekends), so what would reliability be on that aspect? I understand that lowriders are specialized vehicles, but truly how much maintenance would a three pump setup require? If I were to get a setup like this, I plan on making a very powerful hopper to where the bumper can touch the ground. My max budget for a setup like this would be 20-25K (car included).
Lastly, I would get all gold Daytons and a gold plated front grill. About how much would a professional charge?

Thanks.

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
4,056 Posts
Hello Y’all,

So I am considering entering the lowrider scene but am still unsure so hopefully after the following are answered I can make a firm decision.

A little info:

I am absolutely sure that I would get a 1990-2002 Lincoln Town Car and install three pumps. I am not yet learned in the use of dumps or amount of batteries for such a setup, so how many of each would I need? I plan on driving this lowrider almost daily (to and from work, on weekends), so what would reliability be on that aspect? I understand that lowriders are specialized vehicles, but truly how much maintenance would a three pump setup require? If I were to get a setup like this, I plan on making a very powerful hopper to where the bumper can touch the ground. My max budget for a setup like this would be 20-25K (car included).
Lastly, I would get all gold Daytons and a gold plated front grill. About how much would a professional charge?

Thanks.
If you want a daily I wouldn't modify it too much. I'm not a Lincoln guy but i believe 93-94 and 2002 are the years to look for. I don't think 13" or 14" wire wheels fit without modifying 95-97 calipers.

If you want to daily it 4-6 batteries is good,

1 pump, 2pump, 3,pump, 4pump : it doesn't matter as long as your not heavy on the switch. You said you want to daily it but why 3 pumps? 3 pumps is usually for 3 wheeling. If you want to 3 wheel I would recommend you reinforcing your frame (frame wrap).

Dayton doesn't make Gold wheels like they did in the 90's. If you're after the cheddar cheese Dayton there are Zeniths that are that same gold tone. But the new Dayton gold isn't as orange.

Over all $25k is a good budge. I would recommend going 2002 because it has a modern feel for every day use.
Its less expensive to buy something already done vs building it yourself if youre new to lowriding.

Where are you located. I have someone selling a turtle Lincoln in Ohio and they can have it shipped. I believe he is asking $15,000. I can forward his info you're interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Kiloz!

Feel a lot more educated now. I know any Lincoln from 1990-2001 is great for low riding, because starting in 2002 they changed the suspension. However, after some more research on the car itself, I’ll need something a little quicker for sure considering the added weight of the hydraulics and batteries. Was thinking about a Monte Carlo SS but don’t know if that’s any different from the base model.

I was considering three pumps just so that I could have the option to three wheel, but with some weight in the trunk and dumps, I believe I can do so as well w/ two pumps, although I am not entirely sure. Will have to reinforce the frame anyways so it can handle continuous hopping.

Thanks for the info on the wheels, was looking all over for a set of all gold Daytons like crazy!

One more concern: I read that it takes someone who knows a thing or two about wire wheels to rotate and service them. The thing is, I live in Texas, so lowrider shops are not ubiquitous. Is there a way to rotate them myself? I don’t mind spending money on tools; that’s necessary anyways.

I’ll pass on the Town Car for sale. Good looking out though :)

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
4,056 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Kiloz!

Feel a lot more educated now. I know any Lincoln from 1990-2001 is great for low riding, because starting in 2002 they changed the suspension. However, after some more research on the car itself, I’ll need something a little quicker for sure considering the added weight of the hydraulics and batteries. Was thinking about a Monte Carlo SS but don’t know if that’s any different from the base model.

I was considering three pumps just so that I could have the option to three wheel, but with some weight in the trunk and dumps, I believe I can do so as well w/ two pumps, although I am not entirely sure. Will have to reinforce the frame anyways so it can handle continuous hopping.

Thanks for the info on the wheels, was looking all over for a set of all gold Daytons like crazy!

One more concern: I read that it takes someone who knows a thing or two about wire wheels to rotate and service them. The thing is, I live in Texas, so lowrider shops are not ubiquitous. Is there a way to rotate them myself? I don’t mind spending money on tools; that’s necessary anyways.

I’ll pass on the Town Car for sale. Good looking out though :)
Monte Carlo LS is more of a lowrider, SS are usually big wheel cars.

You should have a tool to take off the wheels for sure, they sell lead hammers or they have tools to remove them so you don't beat your knock offs. These are better for your knock offs.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your input, I believe I have all the information I need! Looking forward to building my lowrider sometime in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts