LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up a list that will help people out, if it be that they either didn't know it was available or it wasn't a good kit to turn into a Lowrider.
Post your list, anything from a stock 67 Impala SS that turns out great for a lowrider with your choice of parts, or a pre decided kit like a 70 Monte Carlo. Post the model, who makes it, if it's available and if its any good. I just thought this would be a great source for people to refer to when looking for a new project!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya stupid bums, I just thought a list of some good kits would help some people out when they want a new model to buy.

·
Registered
895 Posts
stop beeing a bum mad....... man there are too many kits to name that can be turned into a sweet lowrider. some just take a lil extra work. 66 riv is awsome for starters. old amt 63,64 imp as awsome for hoppers and dancers.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Dub, i'm not being a "bum" lol
anything can be turned into a lowrider weither it should be or looks right is another question though lol

everyone knows the standards that are always done up
lets see.... the riviera, any impala, trucks, and bombs. did that help? :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
its kinda hard to say what is bad too it all depends on the indiviuals skill level as to whether they can make a kit work or not.

Poppa, not talking about you but......
alot of people complain about how AMT and Lindberg have the frames molded to the floorpan. but that is no big deal at all. i mean yeah its nice to have a seprate frame but not neccesary. heres one off a 61 impala i did 3 nites ago. all i did was sit down and spend 20 minutes on the damn thing and.......

i know one thing i dont like about alot of the AMT kits is the sunken in areas in the trunk lids.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
yeah, like i said... look what i did with that one piecer in 20 minutes. not a big deal. you notice how alot of these people on here will talk a big game about how good they are but they will cry about how they gonna paint the frame and pan when they are all one piece? lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
howd u mask that shit up ray thats what stuffed up my 65 the underneath was beautifully done then i went to paint the engine bay and DAMN..................should i be making a little carboard piece to block off the hole where the engine sits so when im painting im not getting paint on the engine bay side?

Last edited by lo lo kid at Oct 6 2003, 12:44 AM

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Oct 5 2003, 11:35 PM
the bad thing about the separate frames is the tendency to warp or twist since they're so skinny. I had a R/M 63 Impala with that.

K. Diaz
That's what happened to mine aswell, it was bent so that it doesn't clip onto the enginebay as good as it clips onto near the rear suspension.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo+Oct 6 2003, 06:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purpura Delujo @ Oct 6 2003, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa@Oct 5 2003, 11:35 PM
the bad thing about the separate frames is the tendency to warp or twist since they're so skinny.  I had a R/M 63 Impala with that.

K. Diaz
That's what happened to mine aswell, it was bent so that it doesn't clip onto the enginebay as good as it clips onto near the rear suspension.[/b][/quote]
i have 4 of those kits and have no problem with ANY of them.....
guess i got lucky? :dunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts