LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

41 - 60 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Oct 23 2007, 02:15 PM~9067188
I'm glad I'm not the only fool thats gonna dig velour interiors til the day i quit lowriding. Everythings like "its old and trashy/ghetto now" just because stock interiors are easier to have any shop do for you.
i get pissed when people at work call stuff by the wrong name. I call it 'plush' interior and everyone knows what i mean.

I swear if one more person at work calls vertical stitches in 1/4" scrim foam a 'tuck n roll' I'm gonna beat someone
Amen Brotha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Oct 23 2007, 01:15 PM~9067188
I'm glad I'm not the only fool thats gonna dig velour interiors til the day i quit lowriding. Everythings like "its old and trashy/ghetto now" just because stock interiors are easier to have any shop do for you.
i get pissed when people at work call stuff by the wrong name. I call it 'plush' interior and everyone knows what i mean.

I swear if one more person at work calls vertical stitches in 1/4" scrim foam a 'tuck n roll' I'm gonna beat someone

X2

I hate when people call it too oldschool... coz then i feel like saying how come your rolling on 13's then thats oldschool.. and why you got hydros thats oldschool too.. doesnt make sense to me. People that call this interior oldschool should get airbag suspension and big chrome wheels just so they dont contradict themselves

·
Registered
557 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Nov 8 2007, 03:44 PM~9185083
Heres an in progress pic for my rear deck.  Redoing in navy instead of light blue.  My sewing machine died on me last night though.  :angry:

before (in light blue)

it looks good props for doing it yourself but are you useing one solid color you need somthing to seperate the color to make it stand out at least the pipeing should be a lighter color

·
Registered
557 Posts
Originally posted by Dominance CC@Oct 2 2007, 10:45 PM~8920945
Fuck Yeah Here's mine.

i like the patern of your interior and the blue but im not filling the gold combo with that but the work and pattern of it looks really nice homie just my 2cts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Originally posted by mrchevy59@Nov 8 2007, 06:37 PM~9185799
it looks good props for doing it yourself but are you useing one solid color you need somthing to seperate the color to make it stand out at least the pipeing should be a lighter color
piping, buttons and an outline of each control panel will be in light blue. did I forget to mention that?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Originally posted by mrchevy59@Nov 8 2007, 05:41 PM~9185832
i like the patern of your interior and the blue but im not filling the gold combo with that but the work and pattern of it looks really nice homie just my 2cts
:) It's all good homie yeah it was never really finished. I'm currently adding light blue coffin tuck and welt cords all over to cover up that gold. I was planning on posting the updated pic's in a couple of days when it's done.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Originally posted by Dominance CC@Nov 9 2007, 12:00 AM~9188166
:) It's all good homie yeah it was never really finished.  I'm currently adding light blue coffin tuck and welt cords all over to cover up that gold.  I was planning on posting the updated pic's in a couple of days when it's done.
what's that

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Originally posted by THEREGAL@Nov 9 2007, 02:26 PM~9192093
what's that
Alot of people call it "piping" it's the little round cord that goes in seam usually a contrasting color. Welt cording is the old term, it came from it resembling a welt after you get whipped. :biggrin: Sorry for being all technical, I grew up in an upholstery shop. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Originally posted by Dominance CC@Nov 10 2007, 01:00 AM~9196033
Alot of people call it "piping" it's the little round cord that goes in seam usually a contrasting color.  Welt cording is the old term, it came from it resembling a welt after you get whipped. :biggrin: Sorry for being all technical, I grew up in an upholstery shop. :biggrin:
thanx, go ahead and get as techincal as you want, just explain afterwards :biggrin: im here to learn everything i can

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
sewing

adding on piping:

trying it on :scrutinize:

laying it out to make sure everything is the right length:

pinning it on

after it was tacked and hot glued on:

excess was cut and tucked underneath where it was glued using a 3m adhesive and a hot glue

in the car:

looks much better than this (old):

next is redoing the back seats.

relaxing with my girlfriend and her kids

41 - 60 of 485 Posts