LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok A few Questions so I will get to the point.

1. Will one Fusion Powerplant 15" hit harder than two 12" Earthquake Magma's?

2. Can not having alot of porting threw your rear deck aid in teh distruction of 6x9's? (( I have little to no porting threw my back deck and seem to be blowing 6X9's that are on that rack quickly. Perhaps pressure from the subs beating hte hell out of them? ))

3. If you are runningapprox 1000 back to your subs do you need to up your highs at all to keep them crisp or will limiting the sounds going to them to like 125hz do well enough?

4. Will a decient componet set do wonders even if I am running front speakers ( about 25 Watts ) and 6x9's ( About 50 watts ) already for highs? For mids?

5. Does porting the hell out of the back window area really make alot of diffrence in sound quality and loudness. And if so can the porting be -TO- big?

6. Can putting a Splitter on RCA's Right before the amp do damage? Does it change the Ohms? And possiable damage tha can happen to amp? Headunit? Speakers?

7. Does a line driver REALLY make that much of a diffrence with power and quality?

Well those are the questions for today. *Bows* thank you all.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Originally posted by The Assassyn@Sep 3 2003, 11:23 AM
Ok A few Questions so I will get to the point.

1. Will one Fusion Powerplant 15" hit harder than two 12" Earthquake Magma's?

2. Can not having alot of porting threw your rear deck aid in teh distruction of 6x9's? (( I have little to no porting threw my back deck and seem to be blowing 6X9's that are on that rack quickly. Perhaps pressure from the subs beating hte hell out of them? ))

3. If you are runningapprox 1000 back to your subs do you need to up your highs at all to keep them crisp or will limiting the sounds going to them to like 125hz do well enough?

4. Will a decient componet set do wonders even if I am running front speakers ( about 25 Watts ) and 6x9's ( About 50 watts ) already for highs? For mids?

5. Does porting the hell out of the back window area really make alot of diffrence in sound quality and loudness. And if so can the porting be -TO- big?

6. Can putting a Splitter on RCA's Right before the amp do damage? Does it change the Ohms? And possiable damage tha can happen to amp? Headunit? Speakers?

7. Does a line driver REALLY make that much of a diffrence with power and quality?

Well those are the questions for today. *Bows* thank you all.
1. impossible to answer, depends on car, power and installation.
2. yes, it is possible, ive done it myself. If the 6x9 isn't sealed off from the trunk the subs will make it move more, therefore fucking up your 6x9 from pushing it to the max.
3. well im running 750w rms to one 15 in an alero with STOCK speakers and cd player. My highs are fine, all depends on what you have.
4. Components in most peoples cars have sounded better to me than any 6x9s. both the tweeter and mid are seperate, therefore letting each do its own without the other getting in the way.
5. well think about it as this, if someone has seats that fold down, does it get louder or does it decrease in sound????? its like comparing a suv to a car thats seats stay up with no port from the trunk.
6. no it cannot do damage, it doesn't have anything to do with the ohms.
7. no sure, never used one sorry

no problem homie, hope i helped ya!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts