LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was spraying today and all of a sudden pssssssstt

an airline busted and kicked up dirt i had to find a long 2x4 to shut it off the airline was going crazy.......pissed me off....changed the airline blew the car down and tacked it off and finished the basecoat

then my squirrel cage started acting up i walked over to it and the damn cord was hitting the pulley and wearing the rubber away so i pulled it back and taped it to the fan......then 10 minutes later it just quit on me........

i go to look for the hardner for the clear and i can't find it anywhere.......

and to top it all off I RAN OUT OF THINNER TO CLEAN THE GUNS :angry:

tomorrow will be better though i will nib the base and shoot the clear.....

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Oct 5 2007, 02:14 PM~8939507
i was spraying today and all of a sudden pssssssstt

an airline busted and kicked up dirt i had to find a long 2x4 to shut it off the airline was going crazy.......pissed me off....changed the airline blew the car down and tacked it off and finished the basecoat
then my squirrel cage started acting up i walked over to it and the damn cord was hitting the pulley and wearing the rubber away so i pulled it back and taped it to the fan......then 10 minutes later it just quit on me........
i go to look for the hardner for the clear and i can't find it anywhere.......
and to top it all off I RAN OUT OF THINNER TO CLEAN THE GUNS :angry:
tomorrow will be better though i will nib the base and shoot the clear.....
sounds like that just wasn't your day!!! could have been worse though, the hose could have blown while you were clearcoating

·
Registered
857 Posts
man that sux i had a cheap Chinese made line filter bust at the seams while i was painting the roof of a car with metallic base gun dribbled paint all over the place.......

i feel your paint because as i write this many other instances are coming to mind damn.....

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
how about when you let a buddy paint at your shop and all the damn materials you worked hard in getting them stocked up go to bad use or abused,TAPE, TOWELS, o and leve your makita buffer out in the freakin rain :angry:

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
I barely leaned a hood up against the wall momentarily after all the body work was finished and the air hose caught the corner at the bottom causing it to fall flat on its face. Only good thig was that luckily I hadnt sprayed it yet but the concrete floor and shit on the ground fucked the surface up.

Now when Im doing shit I treat everything as if the worst thing that could possibly happen will happen, that way it never happens again.

·
Registered
28,033 Posts
Originally posted by Skim@Oct 6 2007, 04:30 AM~8942620
I barely leaned a hood up against the wall momentarily after all the body work was finished and  the air hose caught the corner at the bottom causing it to fall flat on its face. Only good thig was that luckily I hadnt sprayed it yet but the concrete floor and shit on the ground fucked the surface up.

Now when Im doing shit I treat everything as if the worst thing that could possibly happen will happen, that way it never happens again.
x2

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these are all good stories i have now come to the conclusion that cheaper is NEVER better

i'm tired of this cheap shit breaking the hose was a pvc type air hose not rubber.......

i just bought that badass devilbiss air filter and i wouldn't trade it for the world nice clean dry air.........

i have since installed 2 double 8 foot lights on 3 walls (none by the garage door)

and it still isn't enough light yet?.......but the damn bulbs are only 32 watts each so maybe that's the problem..........

i am slowly getting this garage buttoned up and i am going to get it as close to a booth as possible......

i have alot of things that need paint and this has to be done right.............

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Oct 6 2007, 02:39 PM~8944213
just got a better look at the lights they need to be cleaned they have some overspray on them i will clean them all before i shoot again in there.....

i will eventually seal them so it doesn't happen again............
you should spray mask the light covers and the walls in your shop, it just rinses off with water, then you spray it again everytime you paint or so, i use that shit at the booth at work, and once a month, it gets hosed down, all cleaned up and then re-spray masked, all the overspray falls right off, shit works great.

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
worse problem i had was when i painted that 2 tone purple and blk truck..
i was in side the garage spraying clear... it started to rain and i close the doors.. my homies dog is scared of the rain and ran inside the garage brfor i could close it..

then she shakes off the water off her..

fkin worse day ever... water spots all on the side of the bed and mainly the bottom rocker.

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Originally posted by sic713@Oct 6 2007, 09:23 PM~8945291
worse problem i had was when i painted that 2 tone purple and blk truck..
i was in side the garage spraying clear... it started to rain and i close the doors.. my homies dog is scared of the rain and ran inside the garage brfor i could close it..
then she shakes off the water off her..

fkin worse day ever... water spots all on the side of the bed and mainly the bottom rocker.
:0 :0 :0 PERROWNED

·
McAsshole
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by japSW20@Oct 6 2007, 08:09 PM~8945483
runing out of lacquer to clean the gun is always fun  :biggrin:
yeah no shit.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Oct 7 2007, 01:19 AM~8944619
you should spray mask the light covers and the walls in your shop, it just rinses off with water, then you spray it again everytime you paint or so, i use that shit at the booth at work, and once a month, it gets hosed down, all cleaned up and then re-spray masked, all the overspray falls right off, shit works great.

yeah i need to make some light covers i will be getting the glass just need to get it cut at a shop soon.......

i will hopefully do this soon because i will be working on a 65 mustang shelby here real soon........

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Oct 5 2007, 07:42 PM~8941166
sounds like that just wasn't your day!!! could have been worse though, the hose could have blown while you were clearcoating

X2 :0

1 - 20 of 35 Posts