LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYBODY GOT ANY PICTURES OF FLAKED OUT SILVER RIDES, WONDERING IF I SHOULD SHOOT THE SILVER FLAKE ON A SILVER BASE OR USE A BLACK BASE

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
depending on how much flake you use it will cover the base color anyways. little bit of flake (2-3 coats )you should see base might be a little lighter. the whole jar you wont see base go silver base. it all depends on you. on my car it turned my pavo purple base to very light grayish purple. it was a waste of a base color.thats 8 onces of flake (2 dixie cups)with 3 coats of flake on a 69 impala

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANY PICS OF YOU '69, MOST SHOPS UP HERE IN CANADA DON'T MAKE A PRACTICE OF SHOOTING FLAKE SO IT VERY HARD TO FIND A SHOP THAT WILL. AND WHEN YOU DO FIND SOMENONE YOU PAY FOR IT!! :uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
we are in detroit mi and if you dont mind to travel 80% of my work is metalflake

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANY PICS.. I DON'T MIND DRIVING ANYWHERE. I HAVE ACCESS TO A TRAILER , WHAT DOES A REGULAR JOB COST AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON SILVER FLAKE ON A SILVER BASE?

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
i am not smart enough to post pics on here but if you look in the october 2003 lrm our convertible 64 is in there. i will try to find some pics on here. also i think silver base and silver flake looks good if there is alot of flake, we use that on alot of our roofs and then paint the body another color. and our flake jobs start at 2000.00 american. hope this helps alittle

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
no usually i spray the whole car silver base then silver flake then clear. wetsand and either candy or reclear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts