LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gotta project car and im looking for ideas on how to get the rear locked up as high as possible.. anything from 14 inch cylinders on up..

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Jan 15 2010, 11:16 PM~16306323
gotta project car and im looking for ideas on how to get the rear locked up as high as possible.. anything from 14 inch cylinders on up..
most commonly thing done is to drop the upper trailing arm mounts either to the frame near where the lowers are mounted or drop the upper trailing arm mounts below the factory locations about 5 inches...will possibly still need to do some driveline work such as a slip yoke or cutting some material off...

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Jan 16 2010, 12:16 AM~16306323
The type of car would be usefull here.

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
80's model cadillac..

ive been giving thought to extending the lower trailing arms and just hooking the uppers to the middle of the lowers.. car wont be driven mch

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
ok now do a 4 link to the front ... :wave:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
custom 4 link. learn how to do one to do what you want. push the game, force others to do legit work! dont settle cuz you will want more later, and adding taller cylinder isnt always the answer. I set my rear up for 20" cylinder, then decided I wanted to do 28's,sit a lil lower and lift a lil higher.. but it swings the rear end way to far forward,those few extra inches

caddies are tough tho, you will hit the back bumper goin up, and the front bumper going down!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 17 2010, 06:23 PM~16318607
custom 4 link. learn how to do one to do what you want. push the game, force others to do legit work! dont settle cuz you will want more later, and adding taller cylinder isnt always the answer. I set my rear up for 20" cylinder, then decided I wanted to do 28's,sit a lil lower and lift a lil higher.. but it swings the rear end way to far forward,those few extra inches

caddies are tough tho, you will hit the back bumper goin up, and the front bumper going down!
i drive mine locked all the way up within a cpl inches 80 on the freway , no swinging going on here ;)

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 17 2010, 06:13 PM~16318540
no they are doing it because its safer that way!
;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts