LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup homies ... finally got the bills to get my system... I need ideas though.. i know the deck or cd changer is gona be in the glove wit the original am radio in the dash. How did you guy put in 6x9 did you cut into the back by the rear window .. should i go bazukas? Polst some pix of your setups...

:cool:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
open up any lowrider mag from the past 20yrs :)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I took out my Visonik 4000xd and for the hell of it replaced it with two Bazooka EL1500's today........They are my spare junker amps I bought off of ebay for $50 each for emergency backups. Since everyone talks smack about bazooka, I figured id give it a try.

I was actually shocked how well these couple of Bazooka monoblock 500 watt amplifers performed on my DMX . I wired both of the amps to the quad coil of my sub, and since I have four 1 ohm coils, a 2 ohm load worked out peachy.

Ive learned my lesson not to doubt their amps. I've been driving around town all afternoon doing errands with my system up on full volume about 80% of the time. Not bad for a couple of $50 amps, im definately adding them to my "good bang for the buck" list.

I have a MECA event im going to on sunday, for the hell of it, im gonna use these amps instead of my large one, and see what it does on the meter. :cool:

PS. sorry for jackn' your thread.... If I had any pics of 64's with anything id post them... but since you were wondering about Bazooka equipment, at least im not just "saying" they suck without knowing....im actually using them and they're a pretty good bargin for their performance.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 16 2005, 07:39 PM~3830730
I took out my Visonik 4000xd and for the hell of it replaced it with two Bazooka EL1500's today........They are my spare junker amps I bought off of ebay for $50 each for emergency backups.  Since everyone talks smack about bazooka, I figured id give it a try.

I was actually shocked how well these couple of Bazooka monoblock 500 watt amplifers performed on my DMX . I wired both of the amps to the quad coil of my sub, and since I have four 1 ohm coils, a 2 ohm load worked out peachy. 

Ive learned my lesson not to doubt their amps.  I've been driving around town all afternoon doing errands with my system up on full volume about 80% of the time.  Not bad for a couple of $50 amps, im definately adding them to my "good bang for the buck" list.

I have a MECA event im going to on sunday, for the hell of it, im gonna use these amps instead of my large one, and see what it does on the meter.  :cool:

PS.  sorry for jackn' your thread.... If I had any pics of 64's with anything id post them... but since you were wondering about Bazooka equipment, at least im not just "saying" they suck without knowing....im actually using them and they're a pretty good bargin for their performance.

WTF

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:biggrin: for reals though....

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 16 2005, 06:39 PM~3830730
I took out my Visonik 4000xd and for the hell of it replaced it with two Bazooka EL1500's today........They are my spare junker amps I bought off of ebay for $50 each for emergency backups.  Since everyone talks smack about bazooka, I figured id give it a try.

Ive learned my lesson not to doubt their amps.  I've been driving around town all afternoon doing errands with my system up on full volume about 80% of the time.  Not bad for a couple of $50 amps, im definately adding them to my "good bang for the buck" list.

I have a MECA event im going to on sunday, for the hell of it, im gonna use these amps instead of my large one, and see what it does on the meter.  :cool:

PS.  sorry for jackn' your thread.... If I had any pics of 64's with anything id post them... but since you were wondering about Bazooka equipment, at least im not just "saying" they suck without knowing....im actually using them and they're a pretty good bargin for their performance.
you showed me :(

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here's some of a 66 that's going together:

1966 Impala in the works

He has the 12 disc changer in the glove box and 8-6x9's in the rear deck. He left room in the center of the trunk for dual air tanks and compressors for the air bag suspension that is getting installed soon.
The dash will be getting resprayed and when the air tanks are in the trunk it will be finished off in the purple and white material that's already in the car.
The car started with 4-6x9's on the rear deck and was really flimsy and whoever cut the holes it looks like they used dull tin snips. The metal deck was cut out and a piece of 3/4" wood was installed to replace it and then the holes were cut out and machine thread studs were installed to bolt the speakers up from underneath. The top was replaced with 1/4" luan and countersunk grills and then covered with the white material. Due to the slight muffling of the 6x9's the rear deck will probably be later covered with white grill cloth so all the sound can get out.
Jim

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
8 - 6x9's :eek: do you know what kind of imaging that will have???
and I hope you remember to wire those subs out of phase otherwise you will have tons of issues with cancellation...

·
Registered
747 Posts
You wont just go over there and do it for him..instead of telling him how to do his job!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
i dont agree with the sub boxes at all, but hey, what do i know...

but on the real, im not feeling the boxes for those T1's... its all one chamber for each group of 3 (if sealed, prefer seperate chambers for each sub)... and it just doest seem like thats enough air space...

-qs

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 05:41 PM~3859812
8 - 6x9's :eek: do you know what kind of imaging that will have???
and I hope you remember to wire those subs out of phase otherwise you will have tons of issues with cancellation...
He doesn't care about imaging but that was his call. He said the music he listens to he could care less if there was sounds on one side and not the other (sorta like him not caring about gas mileage with the hopped up motor/he could also care less what sound is coming out of the left tailpipe compared to the right tailpipe).

Well if it does have tons of issues with cancellation that would explain why the quarters move in and out, the trunk lid lifts up off of the weatherstrip and then gets sucked down, and the bumper moves all over the place and this with the front windows rolled all the way down. I guess I needed to get the front fenders to move in and out from the air pressures.

The enclosures actually fit under the sides of the quarters by the trunk opening. The one cabinet was put in and slid outward to the backside of the quarters and then the other on the other side done the same way. In the picture you are only seeing a part of the topside of the enclosures. They extend further underneath that what you see.

When I check my hookups I use a battery to verify polarity and that each one is working and I did actually hook some up backwards and there was less air movement (cancellation due to polarity differences).

The enclosures are ported with a slot opening on the top/frontside and while the customer had the orion amp laying around he will be better off getting an amp that can handle the impedance load. So far it's working very well.

The design is a comprimise but he is also adding other things in the trunk that room had to be left for those things. It's like his motor, without the weight of all of the stereo equipment the car went faster. Now he needs a bigger motor to go just as fast as he did before. It's a catch 22 on things.

Jim

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Custom Jim@Sep 21 2005, 08:08 PM~3860627

Well if it does have tons of issues with cancellation that would explain why the quarters move in and out, the trunk lid lifts up off of the weatherstrip and then gets sucked down, and the bumper moves all over the place and this with the front windows rolled all the way down. I guess I needed to get the front fenders to move in and out from the air pressures. 

make a ported box and fire everything torwards the rear lights.... look and listen.... then come back and tell me which setup was louder :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 10:32 PM~3861286
make a ported box and fire everything torwards the rear lights.... look and listen.... then come back and tell me which setup was louder :)
i dont think six subs will fit side by side horizontally in the trunk....

he shoulda just got two, had one on each side of the trunk in some sort of fibergalss enclosure and have them both aimed towards the tailights off at an angle....

then have the air bag kit or what ever installed in between

-qs

1 - 20 of 46 Posts