LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i see alot of people in need of the instructions. i dont want to step on peoples toes. but what do you think if we start posting them?

let me know what you think, even if you slang them on the side. like i said i dont want to step on peoples toes, but just looking out for all ya. ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by O.G.ModelBuilder@Sep 22 2003, 07:39 PM
since we're on the subject of instructions, mad, do you have any step-by-step to make dem cylenders? (i know i spelled it wrong)
nope, no instructions man. that would be bad for bussiness if i gave out my secrets.

i try not to use the instructions. i like to make them my style. hey mad, which website you talkin bout?

my website that i'm putting together. my model one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Sep 22 2003, 08:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Sep 22 2003, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--O.G.ModelBuilder@Sep 22 2003, 07:39 PM
since we're on the subject of instructions, mad, do you have any step-by-step to make dem cylenders? (i know i spelled it wrong)
nope, no instructions man. that would be bad for bussiness if i gave out my secrets.

i try not to use the instructions. i like to make them my style. hey mad, which website you talkin bout?

my website that i'm putting together. my model one.[/b][/quote]
i feel u. play on playa

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf+Sep 22 2003, 07:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tonedeaf @ Sep 22 2003, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Sep 22 2003, 07:31 PM
so would that had been a good idea?
hell yea, but untill then we could post them up[/b][/quote]
or just email them all to me :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by O.G.ModelBuilder@Sep 22 2003, 07:34 PM
same here bro, i start from the frame up. if i'm stuck i check it out. but i notice a few people that need them.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 22 2003, 10:31 PM
Hmmm...buisness over here is to share idea's. You don't have to strip yourself of all your idea's tho... ;)
yeah, but im not going to devulge secret design info for something that i'm going to be putting on the market though man. helping is helping but that is another story. ;) lol

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Well that has to be some secrets than...

my theory is simple: Useally the stuff I make or design is either to difficult for people to make or they just want the thing without the hassle of doing all the work plus they wanna have the quality I put into my work.
I just relay on my craftmanship.

Atho I had my problems with this matter in the past I came to the conclusion that the things I design are unique just as someone else makes things that are unique...I wouldn't be bothered with a cheap replica...but that's the peoples choice. ;)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
i know Jevries, i'm like you man. alot of my stuff is custome designed and built. when i do this stuff it comes from my head and not from something that i seen somewhere. so when people are constantly asking about the stuff its also kind of hard to explain at times because although something might be small and look really good it can also be very intricate without anyone else seeing the complexity that went into the design and production. only you and i know the actual work that goes into our stuff. and i totally respect all of your work because i myself know what i go through over here on what i'm doing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I actually have the instructions for the cylinders but posting them, I would just be giving you my secrets. :machinegun: :guns:

Last edited by spec at Sep 23 2003, 04:49 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by spec@Sep 23 2003, 03:16 PM
I actually have the instructions for the cylinders but posting them, I would just be giving you my secrets. :machinegun: :guns:
i found the article the other day. those are kinda gay and a serious skill cop-out they didnt even make the shit themselves they used bits and pieces for airplanes and whatnot. every piece on mine is hand measured, cut, filed, fitted, and polished.

guess there arent very many true craftsmen out there anymore :dunno:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got some model kit instructions that I've saved from old/discontinued kits. I don't mind scanning them in if you guys need the infoz. Ask me I'll look through a box, and a HUGE box of instructions that I have.....

Peace....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts