LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
Ive wondered about this shit too. They also supposedly have a gold plated looking powder coat. I googled it i think eastwood makes it along with another couple companies I couldnt really lell from the website if the stuff looks good though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by SnakeShit@Feb 17 2010, 10:26 PM~16648198
Ive wondered about this shit too. They also supposedly have a gold plated looking powder coat. I googled it i think eastwood makes it along with another couple companies I couldnt really lell from the website if the stuff looks good though.
Totally agree I've seen it also on the web and would like to know if people are Satisfied with the results
 

·
-------------------------
Joined
·
3,986 Posts
I've seen some samples. Looks like shit. It doesn't look anything like chrome, more like a bright silver.

The only thing that comes close to chrome and lasts is the Cosmichrome system.
All other spray on or powdercoated chromes I've ever seen don't look like chrome at all or they turn yellow or black in a few days.

And since chrome is so cheap in the U.S, I would just chrome that shit ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 18 2010, 04:57 AM~16649447
I've seen some samples. Looks like shit. It doesn't look anything like chrome, more like a bright silver.

The only thing that comes close to chrome and lasts is the Cosmichrome system.
All other spray on or powdercoated chromes I've ever seen don't look like chrome at all or they turn yellow or black in a few days.
And since chrome is so cheap in the U.S, I would just chrome that shit ;)
How does this happen?
 

·
-------------------------
Joined
·
3,986 Posts
Originally posted by SnakeShit@Feb 18 2010, 01:12 PM~16649471
How does this happen?
The adhesion between layers is bad on those spray-on products. The only company that's solved those adhesion issues is Cosmichrome.
The powdercoated stuff doesn't turn yellow or black, but then agian, it doesn't look anything like chrome to begin with :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 18 2010, 06:57 AM~16649447
I've seen some samples. Looks like shit. It doesn't look anything like chrome, more like a bright silver.

The only thing that comes close to chrome and lasts is the Cosmichrome system.
All other spray on or powdercoated chromes I've ever seen don't look like chrome at all or they turn yellow or black in a few days.

And since chrome is so cheap in the U.S, I would just chrome that shit ;)

Please tell me and all of us where chrome is cheap.... im dying to know??????? :wow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 18 2010, 03:14 AM~16649476
The adhesion between layers is bad on those spray-on products. The only company that's solved those adhesion issues is Cosmichrome.
The powdercoated stuff doesn't turn yellow or black, but then agian, it doesn't look anything like chrome to begin with  :biggrin:

Turns yellow or black, man I would hate to try to remove it off !!
It almost takes an act of God with regular powder coat
 

·
Mr. Paid
Joined
·
5,601 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Feb 18 2010, 08:50 AM~16650859
That doesn't look bad at all. Too bad he didn't spray it himself or we could get the brand of powder they used to do that.



Maybe good on small pieces only ??
:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,521 Posts
fromwhat i was told is that the parts need to be high polished just like when being chromed because of the powder coat is almost transparent. so it needs a high shine base for the chrome effect to look like chrome. probably cheaper to just chrome ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by ~RO DANNY~@Feb 18 2010, 09:59 AM~16651363
fromwhat i was told is that the parts need to be high polished just like when being chromed because of the powder coat is almost transparent. so it needs a high shine base for the chrome effect to look like chrome. probably cheaper to just chrome ;)
I was think of doing a whole frame, imagine never rusting
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
polished and powdered bright chrome,next to real chrome it looks like silver

powdered the checks and slowdowns too

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,860 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly+Feb 18 2010, 08:06 AM~16650113-->
It's about 3 or 4 times as cheap as it is over here, so to me, yes it's cheap.
[/b]
yeah thats true

for us here in europe the chrome prices in the us are real cheap like he sayed :cheesy: its something to laugh about for us when u we see u guys talk about high prices in chrome ;)


<!--QuoteBegin-~RO DANNY~
@Feb 18 2010, 10:59 AM~16651363
fromwhat i was told is that the parts need to be high polished just like when being chromed because of the powder coat is almost transparent. so it needs a high shine base for the chrome effect to look like chrome. probably cheaper to just chrome ;)

thats not true regular sandblast it then powder it

here n an excample ;)



i dont like it that much it dont look like chrome that much more like half polished aluminium!! like my dutch homie sayed but its ok for an daily better as blackpaint :biggrin:



my friend does powdercoating for me so if someone from europe needs powder hit me up!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
Originally posted by Firefly@Feb 18 2010, 11:06 AM~16650113
It's about 3 or 4 times as cheap as it is over here, so to me, yes it's cheap.

Ummm well if you live in California yea there seemes to be a chrome shop on every corner (ok im exaggerating) but if you live on the East Coast of the U.S. like i do, in South Central Florida
Chrome is NOT cheap. Even if you ship to Cali. the freight cost would kill you in price. So no Homie its not cheap.. :cool:
 

·
G-Code
Joined
·
7,684 Posts
cce's chrome springs, i think are powder coated chrome if they are they look real good and dont chip!!!!
 

·
finger'in a ****
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
Originally posted by nsane86@Feb 18 2010, 07:23 PM~16651567
I was think of doing a whole frame, imagine never rusting 
:thumbsup:
like with powdercoat? then it's still going to rust on the insides... thats why i had my frame hot dipped galvanized and after this powdercoated.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top