LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a '66 impala and am in the process of rebuilding it. Should i powder coat the frame or chrome it?

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
What do you mean chrome it? I'm almost sure that there isn't a chromer that has a tank big enough to chrome a whole frame. Your not refering to the chrome paint from Ansa are you?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told by someone that most chromers can plate an entire frame. Anyway I'm probably just gonna go with powder coating.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
;)
Originally posted by 61 Impala on 3@Aug 11 2005, 11:53 AM~3592934
What do you mean chrome it? I'm almost sure that there isn't a chromer that has a tank big enough to chrome a whole frame. Your not refering to the chrome paint from Ansa are you?
O it can be done,Seen a few rides already done. southside player, Phaylanx c.c. with a raghouse..Seen a Blazer frame all done up too.Gonna cost some big bucks!!!

Chrome paint is by Alsa Corporation. ;)

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
definatly powdercoat it....it is posible to chrome a frame but u have to cut it in half and chrome it in 2 pieces then put it back together which means u got a weak frame so if u got hydros you goto keep your tires on the ground and its going to cost a hell of alot

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
yep like bing linc said, to do a frame correctly so that the chrome looks good will cost you a lot. to mold a frame and make it chrome ready, will cost you about $5000(not including chrome), depending who does it. can do it yourself, but youll probably be able to tell you did it. not like a truck frame, which is an easier thing to do. powder coat it and forget it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts