LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
yes powder coats come in candy, and they come in many colors. just need to go somewhere where they carry the colors you need

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by fabian@Aug 19 2005, 02:45 PM~3657760
thanks, they do not carry em here in germany. you know a place where to buy them so it can be used?

you just need to hit up http://www.caswellplating.com they got probably the best powder coat selection around and they cheap....just check the website and place the order...they might even have a dist rep out there in your part of the world....holla

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
candy powdercoat is applied like candy paint, silver base then candy so you`ll need the base powdercoat too

and a oven big enough to bake a frame in

·
Registered
28,037 Posts
yes it can be done i could actually get it done for you , but seeing that you live in germany the shipping would not be convenient. Candy powder coat will run you bout $20.00-$25.00 per LB. you do also need a basecoat such as a white or silver wich are not as much as the candy colors, there are also some metalic flake colors that look great in blue.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Like mentioned befor, there is candy powder coat........and it does look great, and releitivly less expensive.......how ever it does not look as good or "deep" as real candy.........

If you can spray candy, it would be easer and look better if you candy painted it your'self.

It's kind of a toss up realy.........each way has it's own advantages......if it was up to me, I'll probably have to toss a coin to make my dicision :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
you can polish the frame down to a chromelike finish and powdercoat over that for a nice look.....alot of work but it can be done....also you dont need giant ovens..they have lamps that work faster than the ovens do and as long as you know the stages of the curing process and have an infared thermometer so you know when to move the lamps you can do it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.