LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sandblasted my frame down to the bare metal and reinforced it with good metal. Now I am lookin to add some beauty to it.I am considering having my frame powdercoated cuz I hear it looks the best. what exactly is involved in the powercoating process? will I need to take the body of the car off in order to have it done? how much does it cost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes you will have to take the body off and any thing else you dont want powder coated to save on prep time and everything so it will fit in the oven if your takeing it to a shop... price just depends on what color you want and how long it takes them to prep shit and ect.. a good powder coat place can give you a quote on price for your particular project

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I have seen frames go from $300 - $3000 depending on the amount of work involved & how nice you want it..... there is alot more prep work involved then yo would think to remove any impurities... I let my parts pre bake at about 300-350degrees for about 30 minutes before hand .....DEPENDING on type of metal & thickness....I then use a good wax & grease remover , tack it down with a tack cloth & let the powder fly...........

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Might want to look into this aswell....... magnetpaints.com I have it on my frame, its polyurathane......stuff is THICK!! you cant scratch it if you wanted too!!! I got the D1 purple......It's way better than powdercoat!!..

·
Registered
343 Posts
i swear by epoxy paint for frames. it turns to a form of plastic when dry and it is undestructable, i've bottomed out many times and it still isnt scratched

·
Registered
839 Posts
Originally posted by gibby64@Nov 14 2003, 09:52 AM
Might want to look into this aswell....... magnetpaints.com I have it on my frame, its polyurathane......stuff is THICK!! you cant scratch it if you wanted too!!! I got the D1 purple......It's way better than powdercoat!!..
u guys are crazy powercoat is by far the best way 2 go ive got it on everything when doing reinfourcements i had to use a tourch to burn it off dont get me wrong ive seen shitty jobs that you could even scratch off but a good job is unbeatable

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by $Bigg Money$+Nov 17 2003, 09:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ($Bigg Money$ @ Nov 17 2003, 09:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gibby64@Nov 14 2003, 09:52 AM
Might want to look into this aswell.......  magnetpaints.com     I have it on my frame, its polyurathane......stuff is THICK!! you cant scratch it if you wanted too!!! I got the D1 purple......It's way better than powdercoat!!..
u guys are crazy powercoat is by far the best way 2 go ive got it on everything when doing reinfourcements i had to use a tourch to burn it off dont get me wrong ive seen shitty jobs that you could even scratch off but a good job is unbeatable[/b][/quote]
*** If you use the Industrial Heavy machinery powders for coating -- your damn near Bullet proof with it .......... Very tough shit......VERY TOUGH!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts