LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

power amps in lincolns

546 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Juiced10 
#1 ·
i took out the factory power amp in my 89 lincoln need suggestions on how to rewire so i can put a new amp in...i was told buy circuit city it would cost hundreds of dollars to rewire is this correct? please help

#3 ·
If it is the body style I'm thinking of and the amp is up against the back seat on the passenger side trunk. If you are putting in an aftermarket deck, you need a 3pc premium sound harness, like a metra 70-5514, or a Best kits BHA-5514, it has the 8pin gray rectangle harness, the 16pin black square harness, and a double female jumper that goes in the trunk.
If you want to run new wires to your speakers you can.
If you want to use an aftermarket amp you can use the wires in the trunk by taking the jumper in the harness kit and cutting it in half, and using the wider side to go to the speakers.
you don't have to spend that much. $25 for the harness, and some speaker wire if you need.
DC

#4 ·
i wanted to totall take out that old amp completly is that possible...cause i got a harness for the deck but the stereo wouldnt come on..the guy i bought it from had an aftermarket but it was wired silly with wires on the seats and shit

#10 ·
i'm from monroe. u got a few choices i think. cut all the wires for the factory amp they should be in pairs. run wires from the headunit while it's out of the dash and connect them to each pair and see if u can get output to each speaker. that's what i did in one of my old caddy's. or just run new wires. pull each speaker out and write down the colors of the wires. like if u have door speakers, pull out the driver door speaker and find out the colors for that speaker. then take ur kick panel apart and find those wires and just tap into them after they go through the doors wire loom.

#11 ·
im taking all the speaks out anyeay and mounting a console by the ash tray and putting 4 by 6 in it so i guess that would work ..but i got to figure this darn harness that cc gave me and got to figure out why when i plugged it up no power

#14 ·
Originally posted by CarShowDisplays@Oct 2 2006, 11:33 PM~6293905
If it is the body style I'm thinking of and the amp is up against the back seat on the passenger side trunk.  If you are putting in an aftermarket deck, you need a 3pc premium sound harness, like a metra 70-5514, or a Best kits BHA-5514, it has the 8pin gray rectangle harness, the 16pin black square harness, and a double female jumper that goes in the trunk. 
If you want to run new wires to your speakers you can.
If you want to use an aftermarket amp you can use the wires in the trunk by taking the jumper in the harness kit and cutting it in half, and using the wider side to go to the speakers. 
you don't have to spend that much.  $25 for the harness, and some speaker wire if you need.
DC

:thumbsup: this is the easiest way of doin it.. and yeah this is the way to take out the old amp completely.

#15 ·
do i have to have the wire harness also for the deck then...cause i already bought that
i hope so or ill be diggin for damn receipts for circuit city...i already spent 40 bones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.