LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF I PLAN ON DOING A COIL OVER SET-UP, DO HAVE TO PUT POWER BALLS IN OR IS THAT SOMETHING I CAN ADD LATER IF I WANT?

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANX ALOT GUYS!!!! THEY ARE ON MY LIST OF SHIT TO BUY!

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DO I NEED DEEP CUPS FOR THE TOP AND BOTTOM? I SAW A "HOW TO" WHERE THEY USED REGULAR CUPS FOR THE TOP BUT I CANT FIND ONES WITH THE LARGE HOLES THAT THE CYLINDER WILL FIT IN. ALSO, DO I DO COIL OVER IN THE FRONT TOO OR JUST THE REAR?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Coil-overs only go in the rear.
With the deep cups...doesn't matter w/ coil-overs. Deep cups go on the traditional way of mounting the spring & cylinder so the spring doesn't pop out.
You may wanna concider these for your front.

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SO DO I GET DEEP CUPS FOR THE TOP TOO OR DOES SOMEONE SELL REGULAR CUPS FOR THE TOP?

·
Registered
265 Posts
all u need is a donut plate fo the top and get the deep cup for a coil over setup i'll let u run 1.5 inches moreonthe rear
in the front coil under and dont forget to put a donut plate on the top

·
Registered
549 Posts
GET THE BALLS .............TRUST ME,,,,, ITS SAVED ME A GRIP OF MONEY.......I WENT THROUGH ABOUT 3 SETS OF BENT CYLINDERS UNTILL I GOT SOME........BUT THEN AGAIN I WAS 3 WHEEL HAPPY :biggrin:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Oct 1 2003, 05:03 PM
Also, BE SURE TO BUY CCE POWERBALLS!

Prohoppers and Showtimes powerballs just arent as good. Regardless of what cylinders and pumps you use, make sure you go with CCE for the balls.
lol did cce give u a big bag of money for saying that little speech. sounds like it came directly form the promotional crew at cce

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48+Oct 1 2003, 10:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (old_school_48 @ Oct 1 2003, 10:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cadillac Bob@Oct 1 2003, 05:03 PM
Also, BE SURE TO BUY CCE POWERBALLS!

Prohoppers and Showtimes powerballs just arent as good. Regardless of what cylinders and pumps you use, make sure you go with CCE for the balls.
lol did cce give u a big bag of money for saying that little speech. sounds like it came directly form the promotional crew at cce[/b][/quote]
Just calling it as I see it friend. I personally have used all 3, and found the CCE's to be my favorite. I would even go so far as to say the Showtime balls suck ass.

And no, I dont think CCE will be willing to give me any money for an endorsement, since I spend alot of time on this board saying how bad their cylinders suck also :biggrin:

·
Registered
217 Posts
if you're doin a coilover, you should get powerballs, put a reverse deep cup, then spring, going over cylinder, then you can just put a donut plate on top, that's how we did it on my Monte, and it works great. :biggrin:

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SO, JUST A RE-CAP! CCE POWER BALLS, DEEP CUPS AND DONUTS FOR THE COIL-OVER IN THE REAR AND A REGULAR SET-UP IN THE FRONT( REGULAR CUPS AND DONUTS). RIGHT?!?!?!?

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
lol did cce give u a big bag of money for saying that little speech. sounds like it came directly form the promotional crew at cce
Just calling it as I see it friend. I personally have used all 3, and found the CCE's to be my favorite. I would even go so far as to say the Showtime balls suck ass.

And no, I dont think CCE will be willing to give me any money for an endorsement, since I spend alot of time on this board saying how bad their cylinders suck also :biggrin:
[/quote]
what type of problems did you have with the showtime balls? i wanna get some power balls also but im not sure which company to go with i have a showtime set up but wanna get the right balls

1 - 20 of 40 Posts