LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new amp to replace my other one and when i hooked it up it acts like its not getting power because the lights on the amp dont even come on. i checked all the wires snd there in the right place so y isnt the amp getting power. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im pretty sure its the fuse because when i was installing it i heared a sizzle like i shorted it. how much is it for a new fuse and howcome i cant find the fuse.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Look on the sides, or it is inside. But if you are frying fuses that means that the fuse holder that you had was not rated for the amplifier that you installed. Did you check the fuse by the battery? If that is still together, then unless you got a short on your wire, or a bad impedence you should not be blowing amp fuses. What was the other amp rated to vise the memphis that you have now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't know it this will help, but try hooking the "Rem", then "Positive", then "Negative". Do it in that order and see if the FFIITZ! happens.

I put in an amp once and put the nagative in, THEN the positive and it FFIITZed. Amp still worked but maybe I was lucky.

Good luck.

LM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts