LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still collecting parts for my install and i'm thinking of using powerballs (or similar) upfront with a coil over....

but why has no one else done this yet, am i missing something obvious ?

surely it will keep the cylinder vertical at all times, allowing full use of its lift seeing as its not leaning and it will take less pressure from the pump as its not trying to push the wheel sideways along its arc before being pulled straight to begin with from dropped ?

could even solid mount the ram shaft to the top of the spring perch with a milled C clamp where it comes through to stop it banging about ??

anyone ?

Last edited by Unity_Jon at Jan 6 2004, 02:30 AM

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL... its actually something Kev Reilander and myself were talking about at Knebworth one year but we never really came to a conclusion on it.

Fils Buick or Andys caddy ?

will check your site.

thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
I DONT EVEN BOLT MY FRONT CYLINDERS IN. I JUST PUT THE SHAFT IN THE CUP AND LET THE CUP SIT IN THE LOWER A ARM. IF THE CLYINDER IS UNDER STRESS AND HAS TO PIVOT THE CUP HAS ABOUT AN INCH ALL AROUND TO MOVE. CYLINDER CANT FALL OUT IT HAS NO WHERE TO GO. ESPICALLY ONNA TOWNCARS WEIGHT

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Jan 9 2004, 08:52 PM
what about using a powerball as a upper ball joint?
someone posted pics of that a while ago on here it was in a radical dancer, dont think he has to wory about them breaking, but it would be pointless to instal coil over on an a arm suspention

1 - 12 of 12 Posts